Safety and Emergency information
Safety is of the utmost importance to Kutztown University and its community. Gathered on this page are all of the safety information and resources, emergency notifications and outlets in the event of crime, weather, safety or any other type of urgent information important to campus.
- Current Safety Alerts
- KU Alert System In the event of an emergency, timely and accurate communication of information is critical. The KU Alert system includes text, email, web and on-campus mass notification systems.
- Severe Weather - In the event of a weather cancellation or delay affecting classes and administrative offices, find out the status of classes before you head out the door.
- Public Safety & Police Services
- KUBoK - Neighborhood safety watch partnership beween Kutztown University (KU) and the Borough of Kutztown (BoK).
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Hazard Mitigation Plan - Kutztown University is pleased to announce its participation in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE) Hazard Mitigation Plan (HMP) Update. Kutztown University is one of 15 PASSHE locations which will be reviewing and updating their HMP in order to ensure consistency with Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) recommendations and regulations on disaster planning.
VIDEO: Run. Hide. Fight. View this video on surviving an active shooter event.