Publicizing Your Event
How do I publicize my event?
"I have a VIP coming to campus in a few months; what do I do now?" It's a question that comes up frequently and the answer is easier than you might think.
Event information needs to be sent to UR six weeks before the event. This allows time for a news release to be generated, approved by you and sent out to the media, and for you to add your event to the university's central calendar. It also provides time for a short conversation between you and UR for any further needs.
Some outlets for publicizing your event:
- Daily Brief - A daily e-newsletter emailed to faculty and staff provides KU event information and announcements.
- Bear Essentials - A weekly e-newsletter emailed to students provides official KU announcements current events information.
- Kutztown University Information Channel (KUIC), Ch. 24/28 - Carried on Berks County Service Electric Ch. 24 and Hometown Utilicom Ch. 28.
- Social Media - KU promotes events, accomplishments and other information through its Facebook pages and Twitter feeds. YouTube is utilized for videos and the KU Flickr site has more than 10,000 photos of many KU ceremonies and events.
- KUR - KU's radio station is at 88.3FM or 1670AM. It also plays on KUIC!
- The Keystone - The KU weekly student-run newspaper. The Keystone is on the University Relations distribution for news releases.
- KU Central Calendar - The Central Calendar contains academic, athletic and campus events. All events listed are open to the public. To submit event information, please click on the link above.
If you have an idea or suggestion, please let us know by contacting the University Relations office.