A student has received an honor. You've been recognized for an achievement. University Relations can help with generating a news release highlighting the accomplishment.
Your first step should be to contact UR. Give us as much time as possible, even if the honor is weeks or even months away. This allows time for a news release to be generated, approved by you and sent out to the media. It also provides time for a short conversation between you and UR for any further needs.
Some outlets for publicizing accomplishments:
- Local and regional news media - Releases can be sent to hometown media as well as the university's regional news outlets including print, broadcast and online.
- Daily Brief - A daily e-newsletter emailed to faculty and staff provides KU event information and announcements.
- Bear Essentials - A weekly e-newsletter emailed to students provides official KU announcements current events information.
- Kutztown University Information Channel (KUIC), Ch. 24/28 - Carried on Berks County Service Electric Ch. 24 and Hometown Utilicom Ch. 28.
- Social Media - KU promotes events, accomplishments and other information through its Facebook pages and Twitter feeds. YouTube is utilized for videos and the KU Flickr site has more than 10,000 photos of many KU ceremonies and events. Add links.
- KUR - KU's radio station is at 88.3 FM or 1670 AM. It also plays on KUIC!
- The Keystone - The KU weekly student-run newspaper. The Keystone is on the University Relations distribution for news releases.
If you have an idea or suggestion, please let us know by contacting the University Relations Office.