Kutztown University Sesquicentennial
Kutztown University's Sesquicentennial Celebration, which begins in the fall of 2015 and concludes on the school's Founders' Day, September 15, 2016.
The 13-monthslong celebration will recognize the institution's 150 years of existence, which began as Keystone Normal School on September 15, 1866. Activities will include special events, recognitions and promotions. The sesquicentennial logo was designed by KU communication design senior Hayley Miller '14 during a spring semester class competition.
Sesquicentennial News, Video and Photos
- June 1: VIDEO: 1966 Baseball Championshop Reunion
- April 15: President Hawkinson Inauguration
- March 31: VIDEO: Pennsylvania German Culture
- Nov. 7: 100 Seasons of KU Football
- Oct. 20: KU History Display
- Oct. 7: State System Board of Governors Passes Resolution to Honor KU Sesquicentennial
- Oct. 6: VIDEO: Celebrating 150 Years of Music Through Public Art by Benjamin Hoffman
- Oct. 2: PHOTOS: Sesquicentennial 5k
- Sept. 30: Whoopie-pie Named Official Dessert of KU Sesquicentennial Celebration
- Sept. 21: VIDEO: Celebrate KU Chalkboard
- PHOTOS: Sesquicentennial History
- Difference Makers
There will be numerous events throughout the sesquicentennial celebration. Full calendar of events
100 Seasons of Golden Bear Football
The sesquicentennial coincides with the 100th season of Golden Bear Football. KU will honor the history of the program leading up to and throughout the 2015 season. More information
Wanted: Photos and Memories of KU's Past
Submit your pictures and memories for KU's 150-year celebration website. Please send submissions to email@example.com.