Kutztown University is proud to offer payment plans with Tuition Pay, administered by Higher One. Sign up online on their site, and make payments to THEM, not KU. All plans must be in good standing and current for KU to consider the plan as a valid payment method and retain a course schedule or housing assignment.
A variety of payment plans for the main semesters are available. The student should take out-of-pocket costs (charges, less anticipated financial aid and scholarships) and decide which plan that is still available best meets their financial needs. The student then signs up with Tuition Pay by Higher One for the full amount they determined and the appropriate plan. The plan will calculate that amount into the more affordable payments. These payments are then made directly to Tuition Pay by Higher One. Payment is accepted in a variety of ways by Tuition Pay either by check (mail to them directly), e-check, credit card or direct debit from your checking or savings account. They also accept a variety of foreign currencies to assist our international students! We do offer another foreign payment option with Flywire.
We encourage students to understand the fee structures from Tuition Pay by Higher One and utilize the payment methods at no additional cost. You may alter the amount of the contract as needed for no additional cost (students may have changes to aid or scholarships and this allows the payment plans to be adjusted for these changes) and you may cancel at any time. If you do choose to cancel your account and wish to reactivate that year, there is a reactivation fee.
Payments will post to the students MyKU account the following month. If payments are made at the end of the month, these could be delayed to the following month. Compare your payment plan account to MyKU once all financial changes are done, or periodically, when determining if payments are sufficient to cover the costs so you don't double count a payment in error.
Academic Semester/Session Plans
Higher One administers Tuition Pay's semester based plans for a fee of $35. These include a five-payment plan that starts in May (for Fall terms) or October (for Spring terms), a four-payment plan that starts in June (for Fall terms) or November (for Spring terms) and a three-payment plan.
Spring 2016 plans are closed for the semester.
Summer 2016 (session dates 6/1/16 - 8/11/16 ) - 1 plan regardless of session attendance
- 4-pay plan due dates: 5/1, 6/1, 7/1, 8/1
Fall 2016 (semester dates 8/29/16 - 12/17/16)
- 5-pay plan due dates: 5/1, 6/1, 7/1, 8/1, 9/1
- 4-pay plan due dates: 6/1, 7/1, 8/1, 9/1
- 3-pay plan due dates: 8/1, 9/1, 9/30
Winter 2017 (session dates 12/19/16 - 1/18/17 )
- 3-pay plan due dates: 11/15, 12/15, 1/15/17
Spring 2017 (semester dates 1/23/17 - 5/13/17)
- 5-pay plan due dates: 10/1, 11/1, 12/1, 1/1/16, 2/1/16
- 4-pay plan due dates: 11/1, 12/1, 1/1/16, 2/1/16
- 3-pay plan due dates: TBA
Payment plan payments MUST be submitted directly to Higher One. Checks for the Tuition Pay plan ONLY should be made payable to Bank of America. Mail to:
Bank of America
PO Box 11953
Newark, NJ 07101-4953
You may enroll late with "catch-up" payments - however there is a deadline date for each plan as it is no longer beneficial after certain dates.
Contact Higher One at 1-800-635-0120 (Tuition Pay division).
- Payment plan funds are transferred to KU once a month - the month AFTER you pay them - don't be alarmed if you don't see it in MyKU - we use reports from them to verify accounts and code accounts as secured.
- Payment Plans can be canceled, advise them of such, don't just stop paying.
- Review your bill when it is ready to view and compare to your payment plan to ensure it is sufficient to cover your total costs. Call us if you need help!