We accept a wide variety of payments at KU. We offer a payment plan through Tuition Pay by Higher One and work closely with the Office of Financial Aid on campus.
Online Payment Options
We have two different ways to pay online through MyKU. If you attempt to make a payment through MyKU - be sure you notice the pop up blocker after you click on Make a Payment - you will need to ALWAYS accept pop ups from this site. This directs you to a secured payment portal with Higher One. Still experiencing trouble - click here for online payment help tips (Safari and Chrome are not suggested browsers for making payments due to not allowing cookies).
- E‐check - this is the preferred payment method of most of our students. This is an Automated Clearing House [ACH] debit from a checking or savings account - not a debit card payment. You will need your bank account number and routing number. Check with your bank if you are not certain you have the right numbers (money markets and lines of credit may vary so it is best to check in advance to avoid a fee for a returned item later). The funds will be requested and debited within 1‐3 business days. While this option is a free payment option, if the bank can't locate your account (digits in wrong order or missing, choosing checking instead of savings or vice versa, as this process is totally automated and your bank will not be able to look for your account or assist in this processing) or there are insufficient funds to cover the request, we do have a Returned Deposited Item fee of $25.00. We encourage you to enter these bank figures carefully.
- Credit Cards - We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. There is a non‐refundable 2.75 percent processing/convenience fee assessed and retained by our credit card processor. These transactions can only be processed through MyKU. We cannot accept credit cards over the phone or in person.
Making a Payment in MyKU
- Log into MyKU - open the student center
- Click the Make a Payment button in the Finances sections and choose one tab:
- >Make a Payment tab - enter the figure you wish to pay Click Next.
- Purchase Items tab - Enter the quantity of Bear Bucks dollars, or Flex dollars you want or choose the # of parents to attend Family Connections (new incoming Freshman only) and Click calculate total, then NEXT.
- Confirm your order if requested and click NEXT.
- Select Payment Method - Credit Card or Electronic Check.
- Credit Card - Discover, American Express, Visa or Mastercard and will be assessed a non-refundable 2.75% processing fee by the credit card processing agent.
- Electronic Check - An ACH withdrawal from a checking or savings account for no fee unless returned for any reason (NSF, un-recognizable account, un-locatable account), in which case a $25 fee would be assessed. Enter figures carefully.
- Screen opens, accept Terms and Conditions and proceed with entry of credit card or bank account (be sure you choose the correct checking or savings option). Click Continue.
Office Payment Options
We accept checks, money orders, certified funds and cash in our office. Checks may be mailed to us at the following address, please ensure they are received by the due date, not mailed on the due date. Street address is needed for overnight mailing purposes only. Make checks payable to: Kutztown University.
- Mailing Address: Kutztown University, Bursar's Office, PO Box 730, Kutztown, PA 19530
- Street Address (for overnight): Kutztown University, Bursar's Office, 15200 Kutztown Road, Kutztown, PA 19530
Please be advised that effective Fall 2014 billing season, the late fee for non-payment or insufficient payment will be $50.00.