Summer Session Payment Needs
Summer Session enrollment at KU is handled differently than Fall and Spring terms. Payment is due when you register. Payment is defined as payment in full to KU directly, payment plan set up in good standing with Tuition Pay, Summer Aid Application submitted (and payment made when determination made), 529 proof submitted of request being made to plan, or waiver posted (with payment of non-covered items posted). Enrollments will be removed weekly. Please take a sense of urgency when planning attendance in the summer sessions. Lastly we ask that you kindly remove enrollments if you decide to not attend to open the seat for another student who may need it.
**ALERT** - Payment due within 7 days of registration. Enrollments will be removed weekly.
- Pay your bill in full online in MyKU (in the Office of Student Accounts or by mail (must arrive and post by due date)).
- Payment Plan - Sign up for the payment plan with Tuition Pay by Higher One
- Summer Plan opens March 15
- Cost $35.00 - pay Tuition Pay, NOT KU
- Due dates are 4/26, 5/26, 6/26, 7/26 - all payments are paid to Tuition Pay, NOT KU
- MBA student plan - due dates 4/20, 5/20, 6/20, 7/20
- Financial Aid - Complete a Summer Aid Application if interested - turn it into the Financial Aid Office with a sense of urgency!
- Summer aid eligibility is determined by many factors, for example: was all aid used in Fall and Spring terms, number of credits enrolled, financial aid progress and more!
- Aid is disbursed only when the credit that meets the eligibility starts (ie disbursement could occur in Summer 2 in some cases).
You can contact the Office of Student Accounts multiple ways (checks made payable to Kutztown University):
Office of Student Accounts
PO Box 730
Kutztown, PA 19530
How will I know my summer aid pacakge?
If a student used all of their 2014/2015 aid during the Fall and Spring semesters, determination can be made quickly. Summer aid cannot be confirmed until a student's Spring 2015 grades are posted if not all aid was used. These grades are necessary to determine Financial Aid eligibility, as the student must still be making financial aid progress (completed vs. attempted credits, progress and GPA) in order to receive aid in the summer. If you have concerns on your eligibility, you can discuss them with the Financial Aid office. Call 610-683-4077 to contact Financial Aid.
If you are NOT eligible for Financial Aid, you will need to pay us directly in full, sign up for the payment plan with Tuition Pay, or investigate Alternative Loans. Recent regulation changes have lengthened the processing time for alternative loans, we highly encourage you to apply immediately (this process can take up to 2-4 weeks).
When will my summer aid be disbursed to my account and/or refunded?
Summer aid is processed a bit differently than aid during the academic year. If your Final Determination shows you are getting Stafford loans, when we actually get those loans is determined by when you reach the 6th credit that makes you eligible for them (remember, to receive Stafford loans you have to take a minimum of 6 credits). For example, if you are taking 3 credits in Summer session 1 and 3 credits in Summer session 2, the 6th credit that makes you eligible for Stafford loans in session 2, and that is when your loans would disburse - not before. Plan accordingly for book expenses. No refunds from overpayment on your account can be issued until your account is actually in overpayment status and the aid has disbursed.
Alternative Loans will disburse no sooner than 3 days after the Drop Add period concludes for the term the loan is covering (discuss in detail with Fin Aid if you are taking courses in Summer 1 and Summer 2 as to when the loan will disburse). Please plan for book and course expenses.
I have more questions regarding Summer Aid - where can I look?