About the Office of Student Accounts
PHEAA Notice - As of 2/3/16 - The Commonwealth of PA remains without a budget, and the Spring 2016 amounts and awards remain "subject to change." We have been told to expect funding for these grants the end of February at the soonest. This also remains "subject to change."
We are no longer showing qualified PHEAA grants as pending aid since we cannot disburse the items without the funding.
- Students expecting PHEAA grants to pay the rest of their charges due will see a note in their Holds box that says Classes Safe with the amount anticipated.
- Students expecting PHEAA grants that will pay towards their charges but not pay them in full, will see a note in their Holds box that says Pending Aid wtih the amount anticipated. The student in this scenario will want to pay the difference immediately.
We will post any announcements or state decisions here as we know them.
The Bursar's Office is now the Office of Student Accounts to better reflect what we do for our students and campus community. Over the next several months you will see the new name appear in materials, website, directories and email - please bear with us through our re-branding conversion. We look forward to serving you.
The Office of Student Accounts (OSA) is responsible for tuition assessment, invoicing of charges, accepting payments, disbursing aid released from Financial Aid, processing deferment requests received, collections management, and more that is reflective on your MyKU Student Account. Some common items are below.
EXTENDED HOURS - The OSA is pleased to offer extra hours during the first two weeks of the semester. Excluding holidays and Fridays, the OSA will remain open until 5:30pm. Also to assist you the Financial Aid office, and the Registrar's Offices will be open as well.
OFFICE CLOSURE - The OSA will be closed for team meetings, training and development from 8:00-9:30 am on Fridays. A drop slot is on the wall for any payments to be delivered during this time (you may also drop off Financial Aid paperwork in this slot as well if needed). If you have an urgent need or concern that requires immediate assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a response shortly after the meeting. Otherwise we look forward to helping you after 9:30am. Thank you for your patience, and for allowing us to serve your needs after these meetings and trainings.
- Making Payments - We accept a variety of payment methods online, by mail, and in person.
- Payment plans - Tuition Pay by Higher One
- Online tuition invoicing in MyKU (Tuition, required fees, housing, meals and more)
- Includes misc items such as replacement ID costs, health center visits, parking fines, and more.
- Parking appeals must go through the Parking / Public Safety department.
- Consent to Disclose/Authorization to Access Records / FERPA (pdf form) - Complete this document allowing us permission to speak to those you indicate regarding your account. Turn this completed document in to the Registrar's Office.
- Collections management - letters, AG office placement and outside agencies.
- Deferment postings - Employer Reimbursement, Military, Scholarship options may be available.
- Only Financial Aid can submit a deferment request to the Office of Student Accounts for aid matters.
- Scholarship entry and deposits
- Adding Bear Bucks & Flex Dollars to ID cards
- Purchase Items tab in MyKU - choose the item, quantity, then make payment.
- Perkins Loan repayments / consolidation inquiries
If you are looking for assistance in funding your Kutztown University educational experience, the Financial Aid Office will be glad to review your options with you regarding loans, grants and scholarships. FAFSA priority deadline is March of each year. Please discuss your financial aid matters with the Financial Aid Office directly.
- Stafford Loans
- PLUS Loans - Denials may increase Unsubsidized Student Stafford loans if student is eligible for federal aid - call Financial Aid if your parent is denied a Parent Plus loan at www.studentloans.gov. Approvals require the MPN to be signed by the parent using their FAS ID.
- Alternative loans - Loans in a students name, in which they often need a credit worthy co-signer - pretty attractive interest rates these days - review lenders and apply at www.elmselect.com
- Perkins Loans
- Various grants and scholarships
Fall & Spring Semester Hours:
Monday thru Friday - 8 to 4:30 p.m.
We are OPEN during lunch
Monday thru Friday - 8 to 4:00 p.m.
We are OPEN during lunch
** Special Appointment times may be available outside of the above hours of operation in certain circumstances and based on availability of staff.