Bookmark and Share

Aid for International Students

Kutztown University has a limited number of International Student Waivers. The majority of these waivers are partial waivers, which is the difference between the in-state and out-of-state tuition rates. (International students would normally pay the out-of-state rate.) A committee determines who will receive these waivers. For more information and to apply for a waiver, contact the International Initiatives & Student Services Office.

Other sources of assistance for international students:

  • eduPAsS
    comprehensive guide for foreign students coming to study in the U.S.

  • Canadian Higher Education Loan Program (CanHELP)
    for Canadian students to study in U.S. schools


  • International Student Loan Program

  • "The International Spirit" (Vol. 6, No. 2)
    a publication of grants and scholarships by the International Student Organization

    250 West 49th Street
    Suite 806
    NY, NY 10019

The Financial Aid Office of Kutztown University of PA is not responsible for the content of any of the above websites. Federal and state financial aid programs at Kutztown University require the student to be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen. Generally, you are an eligible non-citizen if you are:

  1. a U.S. permanent resident and you have an Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-551);
  2. a conditional permanent resident (I-551C); or
  3. an other eligible non-citizen with an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the Department of Homeland Security showing any one of the following designations: "Refugee," "Asylum Granted," "Parole" (I-94 confirms paroled for a minimum of one year and status has not expired), or "Cuban-Haitian Entrant."

If you are in the U.S. on an F1 or F2 student visa, or a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa, or a G series visa (pertaining to international organizations), you are not an eligible citizen or non-citizen for federal or state aid eligibility at this University.