New Student Information
After you arrive at KU, there are a few things you are required to complete before classes begin. Review the information below and contact the Office of International Admissions if you have any questions.
New student orientation is a mandatory program for all incoming international students in F-1 or J-1 student status, including freshmen, transfer, graduate, professional credits, and exchange students. Orientation is designed to help students learn about and understand important immigration regulations and procedures required of F-1 and J-1 students, confirm their arrival for required government reporting purposes, and to assist new students in adjusting to Kutztown University. The program is designed to be fun and informative.
Spring 2015 Orientation Dates:
- Residence Hall Move-in: January 14, 2015
- Report to International Office before 2:00 pm (14:00) to check in
- Orientation Information sessions: January 15-16, 2015
You will be required to go to the Health and Wellness Center soon after you arrive on campus. When you go to the Health Center, you will need your official immunization records and proof of health insurance if you are not using the plan provided by the university. During this visit the staff will review your health records and administer any missing required vaccinations. If you're living on campus, you will need to complete the online meningitis waiver prior to being issued a PIN number for your room. Go to the Health Center website for more information.
Federal regulations require that you register your presence at the University. At KU, check-in has two steps:
- Complete the SEVIS Registration Form in person and get a DSO/RO signature.
- Attend the Immigration session: Date, time, and location to be announced.
Both steps must be completed after you arrive in the United States but not later than 20 days of the program start date on your I-20 or DS-2019. F-1 transfer students from a U.S. institution must complete the new student check-in process within 15 days of the program start date on the I-20 issued by Kutztown University.
Come prepared with all of the following original immigration documents (no copies accepted):
- F-1 or J-1 visa
- I-94 (if stapled into passport)
- I-20 ( F-1 students) or DS-2019 (J-1 students) issued by Kutztown University with US entry stamp
- Any previously issued I-20(s) or DS-2019(s) from previous colleges attended, if applicable (required for transfer students)
- Any other official correspondence from USCIS