International Transfer and Second Degree Application Requirements
- Application for Admission
- Non-refundable $35.00 application fee
- Official English Language Test Score Report no more than two years old and sent directly to KU from testing service. (including students from countries where English is the first language):
- TOEFL: KU requires a minimum score of 79 for the internet-based test or 550 on the paper-based test for admission. KU school code: 2653
- IELTS: KU requires a minimum score of 6.5.
- SAT or ACT: The English Language Test Score is not required for students who attain scores on the SAT or ACT test that meet admissions criteria. (SAT code: 2653, ACT code: 3706)
- This requirement may be waived for transfer students who have been studying in the U.S. for one year or longer. Contact International Admissions for more information.
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum test score requirements listed above or who do not wish to submit test scores may be admitted to the Intensive English Program (IEP). After completing the IEP program, students may apply to a degree program.
- SAT or ACT test scores: The SAT or ACT are not required for admission, however, minimum test scores for the SAT or ACT are required for consideration for the Academic Excellence and Academic Achievement Scholarships.
- Official High School/Secondary School Academic Records/Transcripts in English are required for students who do not have a Bachelor's degree and are accepted for admission under the following conditions:
- Official, original language transcript with official English language translation
- Official transcript in English if issued directly by the school
- Certified copy of original language transcript sent with official English translation (if applicable) and signed by one of the following:
- Administrator of the student's school
- U.S. Embassy Official
- Ministry of Education official
- U.S. Overseas Advising Office staff member
- Official Notary Public
- Official College/University Academic Records/Transcripts in English from all universities attended: To be considered for transfer credit, college and university records from non-U.S. institutions must be translated to U.S. educational equivalency by a recognized evaluation agency, listed below. Translation is at the student's expense and must be forwarded to the Office of International Admissions.
- Affidavit of Financial Support (PDF): U.S. law requires all international students to prove they can support the estimated annual costs for every year of their program of study. Students must provide documents that demonstrate to the U.S. Embassy that they have enough money to cover the first year of study in the U.S. and sufficient and dependable financial resources to cover every additional year. A student's funding may come from a combination of sources, including personal funds. See Sponsor webpage for more information.
- SEVIS Transfer Release Form (PDF): Students transferring from within the U.S. to Kutztown University from another school must submit a SEVIS Transfer Release Form. This form must be completed by the current immigration advisor at the school from which you wish to transfer and submitted to Kutztown University. Please note that your new Form I-20 cannot be issued by Kutztown University until we have received this release form. The SEVIS Transfer Release Form may be mailed, faxed, or emailed to the Office of International Admissions.
- Copy of Passport: Recommended, not required. A copy of the passport ensures accuracy in the SEVIS system.
- Supplemental materials: The following programs require additional items and you should check the department website for more information: Education, Art Education, Communication Design, Crafts, Studio Art, Music, and Music Education.
Transfer/Second Degree Application Checklist:
_____ $35.00 Application Fee
_____ English Language Proficiency Test Scores (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, or ACT)
_____ SAT or ACT scores (if applying for Academic Excellence or Academic Achievement Scholarship)
_____ High School or Secondary School Official Transcript in English (if no Bachelor's degree)
_____ Post-secondary academic records/transcripts from all institutions attended in English
_____ Affidavit of Financial Support (PDF)
_____ SEVIS transfer form (PDF) (if transferring from within U.S.)
_____ Passport copy (recommended)
_____ Supplemental Materials (if applicable)