International Graduate Application Requirements
Graduate applicants should refer to the academic program website for specific application requirements. Most graduate programs require GRE or GMAT scores and recommendations. In addition to the specific program requirements, all international graduate applicants also have the following requirements:
- Application for Admission
- Non-refundable $35.00 application fee
- Official English Language Test Score Report no more than two years old and sent directly to KU from testing service. (including students from countries where English is the first language):
- TOEFL: KU requires a minimum score of 79 for the internet-based test or 550 on the paper-based test for admission. KU school code: 2653 (link to TOEFL)
- IELTS: KU requires a minimum score of 6.5. (link to IELTS)
- Applicants who do not meet the minimum test score requirements listed above or who do not wish to submit test scores may be admitted to the Intensive English Program (IEP). After completing the IEP program, students may apply to a degree program
- Official College/University Academic Records/Transcripts in English from all universities attended: College and university records from non-U.S. institutions must be translated to U.S. educational equivalency by a recognized evaluation agency, listed below. Translation is at the student's expense and must be forwarded to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Affidavit of Financial Support (PDF): U.S. law requires all international students to prove they can support the estimated annual costs for every year of their program of study. Students must provide documents that demonstrate to the U.S. Embassy that they have enough money to cover the first year of study in the U.S. and sufficient and dependable financial resources to cover every additional year. A student's funding may come from a combination of sources, including personal funds. See Sponsor webpage for more information.
- SEVIS Transfer Release Form (PDF): Students transferring from within the U.S. to Kutztown University from another school must submit a SEVIS Transfer Release Form. This form must be completed by the current immigration advisor at the school from which you wish to transfer and submitted to Kutztown University. Please note that your new Form I-20 cannot be issued by Kutztown University until we have received this release form. The SEVIS Transfer Release Form may be mailed, faxed, or emailed to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Copy of Passport: Recommended, not required. A copy of the passport ensures accuracy in the SEVIS system.
Graduate Admissions Checklist:
_____ $35.00 Application Fee
_____ TOEFL or IELTS test scores
_____ Post-secondary academic records/transcripts from all institutions attended in English
_____ Affidavit of Financial Support (PDF)
_____ SEVIS transfer form (PDF) (if transferring from within U.S.)
_____ Passport copy (recommended)
_____ Program specific tests, references, documents, and/or other requirements
Recommended Graduate Application Deadlines
*To enroll for the next Fall semester, apply by Aug. 1.
*To enroll for the next Spring semester, apply by Dec. 1.
*To enroll for the next Fall semester, apply by March. 1.
*To enroll for the next Spring semester, apply by Oct. 1.