International Graduate Application Requirements
Graduate applicants should refer to the academic program website for specific application requirements. Most graduate programs require GRE or GMAT scores and recommendations. In addition to the specific program requirements, all international graduate applicants also have the following requirements:
- Application for Admission
- Non-refundable $35.00 application fee
- Official English Language Test Score Report no more than two years old and sent directly to KU from testing service. (including students from countries where English is the first language):
- Official College/University Academic Records/Transcripts in English from all universities attended: College and university records from non-U.S. institutions must be translated to U.S. educational equivalency by a recognized evaluation agency, listed below. Translation is at the student's expense and must be forwarded to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Affidavit of Financial Support (PDF): U.S. law requires all international students to prove they can support the estimated annual costs for every year of their program of study. Students must provide documents that demonstrate to the U.S. Embassy that they have enough money to cover the first year of study in the U.S. and sufficient and dependable financial resources to cover every additional year. A student's funding may come from a combination of sources, including personal funds.
- SEVIS Transfer Release Form (PDF): Students transferring from within the U.S. to Kutztown University from another school must submit a SEVIS Transfer Release Form. This form must be completed by the current immigration advisor at the school from which you wish to transfer and submitted to Kutztown University. Please note that your new Form I-20 cannot be issued by Kutztown University until we have received this release form. The SEVIS Transfer Release Form may be mailed, faxed, or emailed to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Copy of Passport: Required to ensure accuracy in the SEVIS system to issue the I-20.
Graduate Admissions Checklist:
_____ $35.00 Application Fee
_____ TOEFL or IELTS test scores
_____ Post-secondary academic records/transcripts from all institutions attended in English
_____ Affidavit of Financial Support (PDF)
_____ SEVIS transfer form (PDF) (if transferring from within U.S.)
_____ Passport copy
_____ Program specific tests, references, documents, and/or other requirements
Recommended Graduate Application Deadlines
For all programs except Counseling/Student Affairs and MFA:
*To enroll for the next Fall semester, complete application file by Aug. 1.
*To enroll for the next Spring semester, complete application file by Dec. 1.
For Counseling/Student Affairs programs:
*To enroll for the next Fall semester, complete application file by Feb. 1 (early review) or March 1 (regular review).
*To enroll for the next Spring semester, complete application file by Sept. 1 (early review) or Oct. 1 (regular review).
For MFA program (fall start only):
*by March 1 (early review), or May 1 (regular review). Late applications considered on a space available basis.