Bookmark and Share

Accepted International Students

Congratulations on your acceptance to Kutztown University! We hope you will join our community. Follow these steps to become a Kutztown University student:

Pay the Advanced Registration Deposit (ARD).
Sign into your KU email account.
Apply for on-campus housing.
Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee.
Apply for a student visa.
Notify Office of International Admissions when you receive your student visa.
Complete your health record paperwork.
Plan to attend New Student Orientation.
Provide your travel plans to the Office of International Admissions.
Order bedding and towels (linens) and arrange shipping to KU.
Join International Student Organization Facebook Group.
Pay your bill.

Graduate Students: Click here for Accepted Graduate Students page.

Advanced Registration Deposit (ARD)

Pay your non-refundable $200 Advanced Registration Deposit (ARD) as soon as possible to confirm your enrollment in the upcoming semester. After you pay your ARD, the Office of International Admissions will send you the I-20 or DS-2019, depending on your student type, which you will need to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee and apply for a student visa. You will also begin to receive the pre-orientation emails. Payment of the ARD allows you to apply for on campus housing.

You can pay the ARD online using the following options:  

1) Online through Peer Transfer using the currency of your home country: KU Peer Transfer website

2) Online with a credit card or eCheck:

  • Log into MyKU using the password and ID you received in your acceptance letter.
  • Choose Student Center.
  • Click on "Make a Payment" and proceed with payment for the "$200.00 Now Due."
  • If you do not see the $200.00 due in MyKU, please contact the Office of International Admissions.

Please note: a 2.75% fee will be assessed for credit card payments.

3) Mail a US check or money order:

  • Make sure the student's full name and ID number are on the check or money order
  • Mail to:

Kutztown University
Office of Student Accounts
P.O. Box 730
Kutztown, PA 19530

Questions about paying the ARD should be directed to the Office of Student Accounts at +1 610-683-4133 or

KU Email Account

Your KU student email account will be created 24 hours after KU receives your Advanced Registration Deposit. It is the only email that the campus offices will use to communicate with you about housing, billing, and other important information. Access your student email account at and then click on the "Current Students" link on the left-hand side of the page. On the Current Students page, click "Email Access." Your login will be the user ID and password you received in your acceptance letter. Add to your ID and the password from your acceptance letter to sign in.

If you have any difficulty signing into your email account, contact Information Techology at +1 610-683-1511 or


Incoming international students with fewer than 30 credits will live in a traditional residence hall. Students with more than 30 credits may live in the suites or apartments on campus. KU World is a new Living Learning Community that seeks to increase cultural exchange between international students and U.S. students. It is based in Beck Hall.

Housing is still available for Fall 2016, and you can apply to live on campus now.

The Housing License agreement commitment and a $75.00 application fee are required to apply for on-campus housing.  You may apply for housing after you pay the ARD. Use the ID number and password included in your acceptance letter to sign up for housing. Your ID is in the format "jsmit123." After you receive your housing assignment, you must complete the Meningitis Waiver online or you will not be permitted to move into your residence hall.

Click here to apply for on-campus housing. View instructions for the on-campus housing application on YouTube.

Questions about housing and residence life should be directed to the Housing, Residence Life and Dining Services Office: +1 610-683-4027,

SEVIS I-901 Fee

All international students must register with the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). After you pay the ARD, you will receive your I-20 (F-1 students) or DS-2019 (J-1 exchange students). Please review your I-20 or DS-2019 for accuracy. You can pay the SEVIS fee at Visit the SEVIS website and review the Student Visa Requirements webpage for more information.


Once you pay the SEVIS I-901 fee, you can begin the student visa application process. Visa application requirements vary by country, so you should go to to find the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest to you and research the specific requirements. You can also refer to the Student Visa Requirements webpage for more information. Notify the Office of International Admissions when you receive your student visa.

Health Forms

You will need to provide proof of certain immunizations and health tests prior to your arrival at KU. Watch for an email from Lois Piehel with information about completing the Health and Wellness Center's requirements. These requirements should be completed and submitted for approval two weeks prior to your arrival.

You will also need to have health insurance for your entire stay in the U.S. See the International Student Health Insurance page for specific details.

For questions about the health forms, please contact Health and Wellness Services at +1 610-683-4082, Option 2, Option 2 or email

New Student Orientation

All first-time international students are required to attend a mandatory orientation program. Transfer international students will also have time to meet with an academic advisor during orientation to choose courses. For fall 2016, please plan to arrive at KU between 8:00 am and 2:00 pm (8:00 and 14:00) on Wednesday, August 24, 2016. This is especially important for students living on campus. Your mandatory orientation program will be held starting at 9:00 am (9:00) on Thursday, August 25, 2016.

Please contact the Office of International Admissions if you have questions about orientation.

Travel Plans

Please do not make any non-refundable travel plans until you receive your student visa. As soon as you confirm your travel plans, please email the information to the Office of International Admissions. Our staff will transport students from the Bieber bus terminal in Kutztown or the Lehigh Valley International Airport to the campus. You can provide the following information in an email message or complete and mail/email this form to the Office of International Admissions:

Flight Schedule for All Flights:

  • Airline Name and Flight Number
  • Departure Time and City
  • Arrival Time and City

Bus/Train/Other Ground Transportation:

  • Bus Company Name
  • Departure Time and City
  • Arrival Time and City

Bedding and Towels (Linens)

We encourage students to purchase linens from our partner, Residence Hall Linens, and have them shipped to our office prior to arriving at KU - see shipping address below. The Complete Campus Value Pak is an excellent value and contains most of the items you will need to set up your residence hall room. Students who do not pre-order their linens should consider bringing bedding and a pillow with them to campus or shipping these items to the International Office before they travel to KU. We will take new students on a shopping trip to purchase items for their residence hall during the orientation program. View Residence Hall Linens brochure.

Shipping Information:

All boxes should be clearly marked with the student's name.

The shipping address is:

Office of International Admissions
Boxwood House
15200 Main Street
Kutztown, PA 19530

See the What to Bring to Campus webpage for more information and contact International Admissions if you have questions about what to bring.


We encourage incoming international students to create a Facebook account if they don't already have one and to join the International Student Organization Facebook group to connect with other new and current international students.

Information to help you create a Facebook account and join the ISO group: Facebook Instructions


Billing notices are sent to the KU student email account in mid-July for fall and mid-December for spring. Bills are due August 5 for fall and January 2 for spring. You will be billed after you receive a course schedule. Check your email and pay your bill on time. You can view and pay your bill in MyKU.

NEW: You can pay your KU bill using the currency of your home country through Flywire. For specific payment options and instructions, visit the Office of Student Accounts website.

Questions about paying the bill should be directed to the Office of Student Accounts at +1 610-683-4133 or

We look forward to meeting you. Please contact us if you have any questions about the steps you must take before you arrive.