Steps to Completing an Application
- Complete and submit a paper or electronic application for admission.
- Pay the non-refundable $35 application fee. (Kutztown University subscribes to the CEEB fee waiver program. Students
can request submission of the fee waiver form through their school counselor.)
- Request an official copy of the high school transcript be sent directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admission. GED results must be sent directly from the Department of Education.
- Submit SAT or ACT test scores. Test scores must be received electronically from the testing service or submitted as a part of the official high school transcript. (SAT code for KU: 2653 / ACT code for KU: 3706)
- Freshmen applicants must meet the following course requirements, which may be in progress when they apply for admission:
- Four years of Language Arts: English I, II, III, and IV
- Three years of Mathematics: The equivalent of Algebra I, Geometry, and a third-year course in either Algebra II or a rigorous course based in Probability/Statistics
- Three years of Science: The equivalent of Biology (with lab), Chemistry (with lab) and any other inquiry-based lab or technical science course such as Physics, Engineering, Environmental, or Earth Science.
- Three years of Social Studies: Civics, U.S. History, World History, Geography, and Economics
- Some academic programs may have different requirements for admission which may lengthen the admission process. Please visit the Undergraduate Programs website for more information. The following programs require additional items: Art Education, Communication Design, Crafts, Studio Art, Music, and Music Education.
(portfolio, art test, or musical audition)