Steps to Completing an Application
- Complete and submit a paper or electronic application for admission.
Please be sure you submit the online application one time only. If you begin the application and need to stop the process, you may log out and log in again at a later time using the user name and password you just created. If you need to update or edit information on the application after it has been submitted (the semester for which you have applied, major, address, phone number, etc.), please contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com or call (610) 683-4060.
- Pay the non-refundable $35 application fee. Kutztown University subscribes to the CEEB fee waiver program. Students
can request submission of the fee waiver form through their school counselor.
- Request an official copy of the high school transcript be sent directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admission. GED results must be sent directly from the Department of Education.
- Submit SAT or ACT test scores. Test scores must be received electronically from the testing service or submitted as a part of the official high school transcript (SAT code for KU: 2653 / ACT code for KU: 3706).
- Freshmen applicants must meet the following course requirements, which may be in progress when they apply for admission:
- Four years of Language Arts: English I, II, III, and IV
- Three years of Mathematics: The equivalent of Algebra I, Geometry, and a third-year course in either Algebra II or a rigorous course based in Probability/Statistics
- Three years of Science: The equivalent of Biology (with lab), Chemistry (with lab) and any other inquiry-based lab or technical science course such as Physics, Engineering, Environmental, or Earth Science.
- Three years of Social Studies: Civics, U.S. History, World History, Geography, and Economics
- Some academic programs may have different requirements for admission which may lengthen the admission process. Please visit the Undergraduate Programs website for more information. The following programs require additional items: Art Education, Communication Design, Crafts, Studio Art, Music, and Music Education.
(portfolio, art test, or musical audition)