Five Easy Steps to Completing an Application
- Complete and submit an electronic application for admission. If you need to update or edit information on the application after it has been submitted (the semester for which you have applied, major, address, phone number, etc.), please contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (610) 683-4060.
- Pay the non-refundable $35 application fee. Kutztown University subscribes to the CEEB fee waiver program.
- Request an official copy of your high school transcript to be sent directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. GED results must be sent directly from the Department of Education.
- Submit SAT or ACT test scores. Test scores must be received electronically from the testing service or submitted as a part of the official high school transcript.
- Freshmen applicants must meet the following course requirements, which may be in progress when they apply for admission:
- Four years of Language Arts
- Three years of Mathematics
- Three years of Science
- Three years of Social Studies
- The following programs require additional items: Art Education, Communication Design, Crafts, Studio Art, Music and Music Education. Students applying to the Art Education, Communication Design, Crafts, and Studio Art majors must submit a portfolio or art test via SlideRoom. Students applying to the Music and Music Education majors must schedule an audition.
In order to have Advanced Placement exam scores evaluated for credit, an official score report must be sent from the College Board directly to Testing Services, Kutztown University, Room 201, Graduate Center, P.O. Box 730, Kutztown, PA 19530. Grades of '3' or higher on some AP exams may be considered for credit at KU. For AP information, their website is located at: https://apscore.collegeboard.org/scores.