Kutztown University operates on rolling admissions, meaning we accept applications throughout the year. A favorable admission decision is based upon the student's qualifications at the time of the offer and is contingent upon the maintenance of those standards through graduation from high school.
Four Easy Steps to Completing an Application
1. Complete and submit the admissions application. If you need to update or edit information on the application, please contact the Office of Admissions.
3. Send an official high school transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. GED results must be sent directly from the Department of Education.
4. Submit SAT or ACT test scores.
Recommended Freshman Admission Criteria
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- SAT score of 1000 (old test)/1080 (new test)/21 ACT
Minimum Freshman Admission Criteria
- 2.5 Cumulative GPA
- SAT score of 850 (old test)/930 (new test)/18 ACT
Kutztown University strongly encourages students to pursue a college preparatory program in high school. This includes:
- Four years of Language Arts
- Three years of Mathematics
- Three years of Science
- Three years of Social Studies
The following programs require additional items:
- Applied Digital Arts
- Art Education
- Art Education: Alternative Settings
- Commercial Music
- Communication Design
- Studio Art
- Music Education
- Music Performance
Students applying to the Art Education, Communication Design, Crafts, and Studio Art majors must submit a portfolio or art test via SlideRoom. Students applying to the Music and Music Education majors must schedule an audition.