Information for Accepted Freshmen and Transfer Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to KU! Now that you have been accepted, follow the next steps in the enrollment process:
- Submit your $200 Advanced Registration Deposit through myKU using your password and network ID which is in your acceptance letter. Log in and choose Student Center to make the payment.
- Check your KU Email Account. After paying the ARD, a KU email account will be created for you. You will receive a letter that includes information about your email account including the password after the ARD has been processed. It is important to regularly check your KU email account.
- Apply for financial aid using FAFSA. Learn about scholarship information and use the cost calculator.
- Apply for campus housing using your password and network ID. Questions about housing and residence life should be directed to the Housing, Residence Life and Dining Services Office.
- Register for the CONNECTIONS orientation program after paying the $200 Advanced Registration Deposit.
- Submit Military transcripts (if applicable).
- Submit your final high school or college transcripts.
- Join our Facebook group for the Class of 2020.
- Attend Roll Out the Carpet to tour the residence hall you will live in and learn more about student involvement and campus life. You will also have the opportunity to learn more about student involvement and campus life, purchase your books, and have questions about financial aid and billing answered on an individual basis. At this time, registration for Roll Out the Carpet is closed.
- Review the Guide for First Time Students.
- Attend an Accepted Student Day Program in the spring semester or visit campus.
- Read Important Information for Transfer Students.
Transfer students must maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA to retain the offer of admission. Students who fall below a 2.0 may be required to take summer classes to improve their GPA or the offer of admission may be rescinded. For majors that have higher admission criteria, students who fall below the required cumulative GPA will have the option of changing their major. Students who elect to not change their major may have their offer of admissions rescinded. Education majors who are accepted with fewer than 48 credits but complete 48 or more credits prior to the start of the term must meet the transfer admissions requirements for education. If the requirements are not met, students will have the option to change their major or the offer of admission will be rescinded. Students registered for education classes who no longer meet the admission criteria will have their education classes dropped. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that they meet the transfer admissions requirements for the education majors. Please view the transfer credit evaluation page to learn which credits transfer into KU from other institutions.