Student Affairs in Higher Education
With a Master of Education in Student Affairs in Higher Education, graduate students are prepared for professional careers in student affairs in institutions of higher education. Research skills and an application of these skills though professional work are an asset to this program.
Please note: The faculty members of the Department of Counseling and Student Affairs reserves the right to terminate the training or supervision of any candidate who shows himself/herself incapable of achieving an acceptable standard of personal and/or professional behavior. This standard also applies to candidates for admission.
Master of Education in Student Affairs in Higher Education
Kutztown University offers two Master of Education degrees in Student Affairs in Higher Education:
- Art Education
- Communication Design (MFA)
- Computer Science
- Computer Science- Information Technology
- Computer Science- Professional Science Master's (PSM)
- Counseling-Mental Health
- Couples, Marital and Family Therapy
- Elementary Education
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Instructional Technology
- Library Science
- MBA-Master of Business Administration
- Public Administration
- School Counseling
- Secondary Education
- Social Work
- Student Affairs in Higher Education
- Student Affairs in Higher Education - Administration
- Student Affairs in Higher Education - College Counseling Licensure
- Supervisory Certificate: Curriculum and Instruction
Official transcripts from previous colleges or universities (non-KU), 3 letters of recommendation, 3.0 undergraduate GPA, department interview, statement of knowledge and experience in Student Affairs.
Recommended Graduate Application Deadlines
For Counseling/Student Affairs programs:
*To enroll for the next Fall semester, complete application file by Feb. 1 (early review) or March 1 (regular review).
*To enroll for the next Spring semester, complete application file by Sept. 1 (early review) or Oct. 1 (regular review).