The Master of Education in Elementary Education is designed for teachers with initial elementary certification. The program will increase the teacher's knowledge and competencies in developing curriculum and instructional methods. Emphasis is placed on the improvement of the teachers leadership abilities.
- Looking for initial certification for elementary education? Review our Pre-K-4 or Grades 4-8 post baccalaureate programs.
Teachers with an undergraduate degree in elementary education seeking an M.Ed. in Elementary Education must meet specific program course requirements and fulfill one of the following options:
- Complete 30 semester hours of graduate work selected from the distribution of course listed in the Graduate Bulletin and submit an acceptable thesis to the graduate faculty. Six semester hours of credit are awarded for the thesis and are included in the total of 30 semester hours.
Complete 36 semester hours of graduate work selected from the distribution of courses listed in the Graduate Bulletin.
- ELU 569 - Current Topics in Education
- ELU 571- Applications of Special Topics in Education are required as the two final courses and are included in the 36 semester hours. This option will culminate in a comprehensive project.
A maximum of two (2) 400 level courses may be included toward the fulfillment of the requirements for the degree.
A maximum of nine (9) transfer credits may be included toward the fulfillment of the requirements for the degree. Students must follow guidelines as written in the Graduate Bulletin.
- Art Education
- Communication Design (MFA)
- Computer Science
- Computer Science- Information Technology
- Computer Science- Professional Science Master's (PSM)
- Counseling-Mental Health
- Couples, Marital and Family Therapy
- Elementary Education
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Instructional Technology
- Library Science
- MBA-Master of Business Administration
- Public Administration
- School Counseling
- Secondary Education
- Social Work
- Student Affairs in Higher Education
- Student Affairs in Higher Education - Administration
- Student Affairs in Higher Education - College Counseling Licensure
- Supervisory Certificate: Curriculum and Instruction
Official transcripts from previous colleges or universities (non-KU), valid PA Teaching certificate in elementary education, 3 letters of recommendation