Couples, Marital and Family Therapy
The Master's Degree in Counseling - Couples, Marital and Family Therapy Program is a rigorous, comprehensive counselor education program with theoretical and practical training in therapeutic work with individuals, couples, and families.
Marital and Family Therapy graduates pursue careers in mental health centers and clinics, hospitals, and private practice as therapists, supervisors and program administrators. Most students have a background in psychology or social work, but other fields, including education, nursing and business are also represented.
This program requires 60 semester hours and a comprehensive examination for graduation.
Upon completion of program, students will have met the academic eligibility requirements for Pennsylvania License in Marriage and Family Therapy and Professional Counseling.
- Art Education
- Communication Design (MFA)
- Computer Science
- Computer Science- Information Technology
- Computer Science- Professional Science Master's (PSM)
- Counseling-Mental Health
- Couples, Marital and Family Therapy
- Elementary Education
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Instructional Technology
- Library Science
- MBA-Master of Business Administration
- Public Administration
- School Counseling
- Secondary Education
- Social Work
- Student Affairs in Higher Education
- Student Affairs in Higher Education - Administration
- Student Affairs in Higher Education - College Counseling Licensure
- Supervisory Certificate: Curriculum and Instruction
Official transcripts from previous colleges or universities (non-KU), 3 letters of recommendation, 3.0 undergraduate GPA, psychobiographical statement, resume.
Couples, Marital and Family Therapy Related Links
Recommended Graduate Application Deadlines
For Counseling/Student Affairs programs:
*To enroll for the next Fall semester, complete application file by Feb. 1 (early review) or March 1 (regular review).
*To enroll for the next Spring semester, complete application file by Sept. 1 (early review) or Oct. 1 (regular review).