College of Visual and Performing Arts scholarships are awarded to full-time undergraduate students on the basis of merit and/or financial need, according to specific criteria as established in consultation with the Kutztown University Foundation and the donor. Not every scholarship is available every year, and new students are automatically considered for scholarships for which they meet the selection criteria. For scholarships requiring a special application procedure, the application materials may be downloaded from this site. Applicants are advised to carefully prepare and submit their materials by the deadline as directed in the guidelines, to ensure best possible consideration.
General Scholarships are available to qualified students who meet merit and/or financial need guidelines. More information.
Out-of-State Tuition Reduction is available to qualified first-time undergraduate enrollees who meet merit and residency guidelines. More information.
Art Education and Crafts Scholarships are awarded only to art education or crafts majors. Acceptance to and continued enrollment in the art education or crafts program is required. Please read the scholarship descriptions and contact the Department of Art Education and Crafts for more information.
- Doris New Grandon Scholarship
- Edward J. Griffin Art Education Scholarship
- Helen Hughes-Lehman Scholarship
- John E. and Barbara A. Stolz Honorary Scholarship
- John and Perma Dreibelbis Art Education and Crafts Scholarship
- Mary Grace Wible Scholarship application materials
- Susan Allport-Schneider Scholarship
- Thomas F. Schantz Endowed Scholarship
- Wilson-Brown Endowed Scholarship
Communication Design Scholarships are awarded only to communication design majors. Acceptance to and continued enrollment in the communication design program is required. Please read the scholarship descriptions and contact the Department of Communication Design for more information.
- Communication Design Scholarship
- Craig S. M. Hunter Memorial Scholarship
- Deborah A. Brandt Communication Design Scholarship
- John K. Landis Honorary Scholarship
- Karen L. Anderson Memorial Scholarship - application materials
- Klunk & Millan Communication Design Scholarship
- Morning Call Scholarship
- Volume Squared Scholarship
- Deanne Lenhart Memorial Scholarship
- E. Annette Mazzaferri Robertson, PhD Scholarship
- Sean Christopher Cieri Scholarship
- Speech Communications Endowed Scholarship
- Bradley D. Rahn '83 Scholarship
- Electronic Media Alumni Scholarship
- Hearst Foundation Scholarship
Fine Arts Scholarships are awarded only to studio art majors. Acceptance to and continued enrollment in the studio art program is required. Please read the scholarship descriptions and contact the Department of Fine Arts for more information.
- Michele M. Russo Memorial Scholarship
- Sandra Corpora Presidential Scholarship for Art Studies
Music Scholarships are awarded to students from all majors who participate in music ensembles at Kutztown University. However, music majors are given priority consideration. Please read the scholarship descriptions and contact the Department of Music for more information.
- Calvin E. Afflerbach & Mamie H. Afflerbach Scholarship
- Department of Music Endowed Scholarship
- Dorothy S. Barbera String Scholarship
- Earl L. Mayberry Music Scholarship
- Edwin Schatkowski Music Scholarship
- Esther F. Smith Scholarship
- Gary and Laree Trollinger Scholarship for a Promising Music Educator
- Martha L. Hafer Endowed Jazz Studies Scholarship
- Music Direct Scholarship
- Reid F. Lessig Scholarship for Bands - application materials
- R.G. Wells/KU Jazz Band Scholarship
- Rudolf and Flora M. Wertime Music Scholarship
Applicants interested in being considered for ANY music scholarship (except the Reid F. Lessig Scholarship for Bands) should complete these steps:
- Apply for admission to both the University and the Department of Music by February 1.
- Submit the music scholarship application and two letters of recommendation by February 1.
- Audition for the music faculty by March 1.
After the above deadlines, consideration will be made as scholarship funds permit.
Visual Art Scholarships are awarded only to art education, communication design, crafts, or studio art majors. Acceptance to and continued enrollment in a visual art program is required. Please read the scholarship descriptions for more information.
- David Theodore Lehman Endowed Art Scholarship
- Ruth B. DeFrancesco Scholarship in Art
Information for Prospective Donors These scholarships have been made possible through the generosity of individual donors. If you are interested in making a scholarship gift, please click here to contact the Kutztown University Foundation. Thank you for your support!