Visiting us is the best way to know us!
Students and families interested in learning more about the Department of Music are always welcome and encouraged to visit the award winning Kutztown campus. During your visit, you should make plans to have a private lesson with the professor of your instrument. Campus visits can be arranged by contacting the Department of Music or direct contact with individual faculty members.
A visit to the Department of Music can include:
- A Lesson with a Department of Music Faculty Member
If you are interested in a private lesson with a KU Department of Music faculty member please contact the teacher directly for scheduling. Almost all applied faculty offer free introductory lessons to prospective students that have applied to audition as a music major.
- Observe an Ensemble Rehearsal
- KU Marching Unit rehearsals are held Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 3 p.m. until 4:20 p.m. during the Fall semester.
- KU Jazz Ensemble I rehearsals are held Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from noon until 12:50 p.m.
- KU Orchestra rehearsals are held Tuesday and Thursdays afternoons from 4:30 p.m. until 5:50 p.m.
- KU Wind Ensemble rehearsals are held Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons from 3 p.m. until 3:50 p.m. during the Spring semester
- KU Choir rehearses Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 2 p.m. until 2:50 p.m.
- Tour the Department of Music & Shadow a Current Student
By shadowing a current student, you can find out what it is like to be a music major at KU. You can have the opportunity to experience our facilities and visit classes with a current music student in an area that suits your interests.
- Attending a performance
There are numerous music events each academic year, most of which are free. Just view the Performance Calendar to find out what is going on while you are here.
- Office of Admissions Information Sessions and Tours
We encourage prospective students to take advantage of the various Open house events and campus tours hosted by the Office of Admissions. For more information about visiting Kutztown University, please view the Visit KU homepage.