Other Useful Items
- Stick Case, large attache case, or stick bag to carry and protect your equipment.
- A rubber stamp, colored tape, paint stick, or labels to identify your sticks, mallets, and music.
- Two carpet pieces to use on music stands for use as mallet trays.
- A percussionists "survival kit," that includes: small scissors, roll of duct tape, screw driver, moleskin, nylon fishing line, drum key, timpani key, beeswax (for tambourine heads), etc.
- 1 or 2 cymbal stands and snare drum stand from home. This will allow you to keep any multi-percussion set-ups intact.
- Dress for all KU Percussion Ensemble concerts: all black, black shirt/blouse, black slacks/skirt and black dress shoes.
|Bass Drum Mallets - General purpose & a pair for rolling.||Tom Gauger, Mike Balter, Andrew Feldman, or equivalent.|
|Chime Mallet - Two large yellow mallets. Cover one surface with moleskin.||American Drum - Amber chime mallet, Grover, or equivalent.|
|Wood Block - One to three various sizes of wood blocks.||Mike Allen - Bubinga, Yamaha Maple, or equivalent.|
|Cowbell - One or two various sizes.||Remo, LP, Toca, or equivalent.|
Music and Equipment are available from many sources.
Three commonly used by KU Department of Music are:
Steve Weiss Music
Willow Grove, PA
Masters Music Company
121 Ponderosa Dr.
Blandon, PA 19510