Tutoring Services offers FREE Peer Tutored Math Labs and One-on-One Tutoring. Please visit the Tutoring Center in Rohrbach Library 30 for more information.
Mathematics Tutoring Lab: The Department of Mathematics offers FREE walk-in peer tutoring for all courses from MAT 17 (Introduction to Mathematics) through and including MAT 182 (Calculus II).
- On Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, tutoring is in Lytle 136 from 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- On Wednesdays, tutoring is in Lytle 204 from 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is a FREE type of academic assistance that targets traditionally difficult academic courses by providing regularly scheduled, out-of-class, peer-facilitated sessions. Supplemental Instruction is available to students enrolled in selected sections of MAT 105, 106, 181, 182, and 283. The Supplemental Instructors are students who have successfully passed the course and are recommended by the professor. Therefore, they know the material well and know how that particular professor teaches it.
- National data shows that students who attend SI average from one half to one full letter grade above the average of the non-SI group.
- Supplemental Instructors can help you review lecture notes, prepare for tests, and discuss readings.
- It is guaranteed study time.