Kutztown University sociology students are not only active on our campus through the Anthropology Club, Sociology Club, and Alpha Kappa Delta (Sociology Honor Society), but are active in our local community and have presented their research at regional and national conferences.
- Sociology majors Jess Morrow and Liza Parker were accepted in to ASA Honors Program and participated in the national conference in Chicago. This marks the third year in a row that KU Sociology has sent students to this prestigious program. We now are 1 of 5 programs in the country to send 4 or more students to the national meeting in the last 3 years. We are also 1 of 3 programs to send students three years in a row.
- Sociology major Theresa Gassert was accepted into the ASA Honors Program and participated in the national conference in San Francisco.
- Anthropology major Brooke Ann Coco, Guy Sechrist (Vice President of AKD and Sociology minor), and Kristie Thudium (President of AKD and Sociology minor) received Chambliss Student Achievement Awards.
- Kristie Thudium, Katie Meck, and Annemarie Daughtry presented at the Eastern Sociological Association.
- Chambliss Student Achievement Awards recipients include sociology major Jarred Schlottman (president of the Sociology Club) and sociology minor Briana Risch.
- Annemarie Daughtry was 1 out of 40 students in the entire nation to participate in the ASA Honors Program at the national conference in New York City.