Post-Baccalaureate Initial Teacher Certification Program
This non-degree program allows students whom already hold a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Sciences degree from an accredited institution to obtain an initial teacher certificate or an extension of certification. The program is daytime only and generally takes two years full-time to complete in the following areas:
- Special Education - You must hold a teacher certification in Elementary Education (K-6, Prek-4 or 4-8) to receive an extension certification in Special Education.
- Special Education MPH Pre K-8
The deadlines for submitting completed applications are July 1st for Fall admission and November 1st for Spring admission. Please allow adequate time for personnel in the appropriate program departments to evaluate and review your application and to design your program of study. Although the deadlines are July 1st and November 1st for admission, you are encouraged to submit your materials early.
You must apply for this program through the College of Education Dean's office. For admission into the Post Baccalaureate Initial Certification program, you will need ALL of the following:
- 3.00 Cumulative Grade Point Average (C.G.P.A.) at the undergraduate level.
- Clearances: Act 34 Criminal History, Act 24, Act 151 Child Abuse and Act 114 FBI Federal Criminal History reports.
Effective Spring 2011 Instructional 1 certification student needs to be registered for all required Praxis II or PECT tests prior to entrance into a Clinical Experience class. The teacher candidate will have to show the registration test ticket to the department secretary in order to be cleared for the Clinical Experience.
Download and complete the application (PDF) along with a check or money order for $35.00 payable to Kutztown University. Please include copies of your Praxis I or PAPA testing, if not already on file at Kutztown University, official and sealed copies of all previously attended college/universities with your application. (If you attended Kutztown University, you do not have to send an official transcript). When the application is completed, please mail it to Kutztown University, College of Education, Beekey 231, P.O. Box 730, Kutztown PA 19530.
Download and complete the application (PDF) along with a check or money order for $35.00, payable to Kutztown University.
- Take 9 program specific credits with a "B" or better assigned by the department chair or designee. Please see the department contact list below. Once the courses are completed, your application will be reviewed (Approved by the Council of Teacher Education, October 15, 2009).
Tuition, Fees, Payments