Undergraduate and Graduate Education: How to apply for your Pennsylvania Teacher Certification or School Counseling Certificate
To apply for Teacher Certification or School Counseling Certificate please follow these directions:
IMPORTANT: TIMS does not work with GOOGLE Chrome. You can use Firefox or Internet Explorer.
TIMS (Teacher Information Management System) Step by Step Directions
Pennsylvania Department of Education
TIMS - Applicant User's Guide and Getting Started with TIMS
Declaration of Intent Form (for Post-Baccalaureate and ESL programs ONLY)
Standard Deviation - GPA Chart for testing. *Important this is only use once you graduate and recieve your FINAL GPA
(Click on the Certification Testing and Scores link)
Important Information to know before you apply:
- Must have completed an approved Teacher Education Preparation Program at the Undergraduate, Graduate or Post-Baccalaureate level.
- Must have completed all required Praxis/CORE/PAPA/PECT testing for your certification area.
- You cannot complete the TIMS application until you know your FINAL GPA. Grades are generally posted about 1 1/2 weeks after graduation.
- Kutztown University Certification Officer (IHE) cannot approve your application until you have been cleared by the Registrars Office which is generally 2-3 weeks after graduation. If you are a Post-Baccalaureate student ONLY the Declaration of Intent form needs to be completed and submitted to your department secretary.
- PDE (Pennsylvania Department of Education) takes about 10-12 weeks to approve your certification after it has been submitted and approved by the IHE (which is the Certification Officer at KU).
Any questions or if you need assistance, please contact Tanya Faust at either firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-683-4332.