B.S. in Leisure and Sport Studies
Become a part of the ever-growing sport industry with a degree in Leisure & Sport Studies from Kutztown University! Our program prepares students for a variety of opportunities in the sports industry, from community recreation program and health club management to the world of professional sports operations. The exciting world of sport and athletics provides career options at a number of levels for graduates prepared to meet the profession's expanding opportunities and challenges. With a degree in Leisure & Sport Studies, students are prepared to enter the fields of:
- Sport Management: Front office, public relations, ticket operations, brand marketing, equipment management, player personnel, community relations, game-day operations, conference/league administration, college athletics administration.
- Facility Management: Stadium and arena management, turf management, facility marketing and promotions, risk management and security.
- Event Management: Event coordination, booking coordination, public relations, media relations, event operations, production coordination, sponsorship and sales management, staffing and personal management.
- Sport Product Marketing: Marketing and sales, merchandising, account management, product management.
- Sport Tourism: Management and marketing for spectator destinations, participant destinations, and nostalgia destinations.
The Leisure and Sport Studies Program at Kutztown University is a 120-credit major. Leisure and Sport Studies majors complete 60 semester hours of general education courses and 60 semester hours of Leisure and Sport Studies courses. Upon successful completion of the Leisure and Sport Studies program, students graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree. Detailed information about the courses for the Bachelor of Science in Leisure and Sport Studies can be found in the undergraduate catalog.
Kutztown University's Career Development Center has a number of resources to assist students with their future career goals. KU Career Network (KUCN) is the primary online resource for preparing and connecting KU students with employers. Please visit: www.kutztown.edu/kucn to learn more.