Student Conduct Advisor Program
Need help preparing for a hearing? Don't know anyone who can help advise you? We do!
- Students may request assistance through the Student Conduct Advisor (SCA).
- The program is a resource for students going through or involved in the student conduct process.
- The SCA can provide students with guidance on how to best prepare for a hearing, appeal request or other student conduct process/meeting.
- The SCA is a neutral party and has no influence on the outcome of the case and is only involved to the extent the student wishes.
- Participation in the program is optional.
What services are provided by the Student Conduct Advisor?
- Review the steps and phases of a conduct procedure such as a hearing.
- Assist students with preparing their own case by learning how to construct effective opening/closing statements and develop effective witness questions.
- Answer questions about student conduct policies and procedures.
- Clarify student rights available to students in the hearing process.
- Help students feel more comfortable and confident going into their hearing.
- Advise students on the appeal process.
What is the difference between the Student Conduct Advisor and my Advocate?
- An advocate is any member of the campus community (student, staff or faculty) who may attend student conduct meetings/hearings at the request of a student complainant or respondent.
- Advocates provide advocacy, support and/or guidance to their student during the student conduct process.
- The SCA is neutral party who provides information/education to a student complainant or respondent about the student conduct process.
- For more information consult the FAQ page about the role of advocates.
What can't the Student Conduct Advisor do for me?
- Represent students or attend hearing as a student's advocate.
- Write/construct case presentations for students.
- Influence an outcome or mediate a resolution to the incident.
- Help students find loopholes in the student conduct process.
Who is the Student Conduct Advisor?
- The Graduate Assistant for Student Conduct in the Dean of Students Office serves as the Student Conduct Advisor.
- To contact the SCA email email@example.com or call 610-683-1320.