Concussions in Collegiate Sports
"Concussions in Collegiate Sports: An Overview of Facts, Policy, & Practice"
In response to the NCAA's efforts to help institutions educate about and manage concussions in sport, Kutztown University Sports Medicine Services and Intercollegiate Athletic Services is providing the following education to our student athletes.
- Video on Concussions: Don't Hide It, Report It, Take Time to Recover.
- Fact Sheet for Student-Athletes on Concussions (PDF)
After you have reviewed Video on Concussions: Don't Hide It, Report It, Take Time to Recover, and read the 'Fact Sheet for Student-Athletes on Concussions,' you must do the following:
- Print the Student-Athlete Injury/Illness Acknowledgement Form.
- Print your name in the two locations listed.
- Sign and date the form.
- Mail this form, along with the other Pre-Participation required medical forms, to:
Kutztown University of PA
Attn: Athletic Physical Info-New
Health & Wellness Services
PO Box 730
Kutztown, PA 19530
If you have any questions regarding concussions, please feel free to contact any of the Sports Medicine Staff.