- Advise university constituents about education and employment laws and regulations.
- Offer workshops and participate in orientation sessions to address equal opportunity and diversity issues.
- Design, implement, and monitor education and employment practices to eliminate actionable claims of discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.
- Implement programs to build cross-gender and cross-cultural alliances.
- Collaborate with other departments to build and maintain a campus climate equitable to ALL members of the university.
- Assist with faculty and executive management recruitment and hiring.
- Investigate complaints of students/staff alleging discrimination, harassment or any other type of unjust treatment.
- Monitor all employment activities for compliance with the university's Affirmative Action Plan.