Group Exercise Session Descriptions
- Ab Blast
- Get 6-pack abs in a comprehensive 30-minute class focusing on your core; which consists of abdominal and lower back muscles. The class can be taught from a standing position or lying down on a mat using a variety of techniques from Pilates to Yoga to intense core training principles. In addition to cutting edge abs, your balance, flexibility and posture will improve.
- The workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls. Great music, awesome instructors and your choice of weight inspire you to get the results you came for--and fast!
- CX Worx
- No ordinary workout, CX Worx combines core training, strength training and functional fitness and is ideal for tightening your tummy and butt. It'll help you run faster, play harder and stand stronger.
- Are you ready to rumble? Stressed out? Kick and punch your way to a healthier heart and stronger body. This intense martial arts based cardio interval class will burn lots of calories while teaching self-defense techniques at the same time. Low or high impact conditioning (you choose) combined with lower body strengthening and an intense core challenge will knock you out!
- A non-impact method of exercise combining stretching, strengthening and core control to develop the body symmetrically using controlled breathing and concentration on the quality of each movement. Equally engaging your body and mind, the class emphasizes the uniform development of all muscle groups while promoting flexibility, circulation and skeletal alignment. Within a few sessions, one will experience a resurgence of energy and self confidence.
- Indoor cycling class that offers a non-impact, highly effective way to build cardiovascular strength and endurance. designed for all levels of fitness, these classes offer a challenging opportunity to get your heart pumping, burn serious calories and leave you with a feeling of accomplishment.
- A one hour class in the Svaroopa style of Yoga. This style of yoga teaches different ways of doing familiar poses, emphasizing the opening of the spine beginning at the tailbone and progressing through each spinal area. Every pose integrates the foundational principles of asana, anatomy and yoga philosophyy while emphasizing the development of transcendent inner experience. This is call Svaroopa by Patanjli in the Yoga Sutra. THis is a consciousness-oriented yoga that also promotes healing and transformation.
- Zumba is a dance fitness program based on international rhythms. Anyone can Zumba! No experience necessary. Join the Party! Its exercise in disguise!
Student Recreation Center Hours of Operation
|Monday||6 a.m. - 11 p.m.|
|Tuesday||6 a.m. - 11 p.m.|
|Wednesday||6 a.m. - 11 p.m.|
|Thursday||6 a.m. - 11 p.m.|
|Friday||6 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Saturday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Sunday||1 p.m. - 11 p.m.|
Break, Holiday and Summer hours of operation will vary.