Here are a few guidelines and regulations for commuter student parking on campus. Please refer to the University's Motor Vehicle Regulations for detailed rules and regulations.
- All students must register their vehicles online via their myKU account and then pick up the decal in Old Main 13 Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- ALL VEHICLES parked on campus during the Fall and Spring semester Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. are required to display a parking permit and to be parked in their assigned area.
- Assigned Areas:
- First year (COFR Permit) commuting students parking will be assigned to the Fairgrounds parking area, as well as white lined B3, A4 D3 and E2 zones.
- Commuter Students displaying a (COMM Permit) on their vehicles are permitted to park in white lined spaces in all A lots (except A1), B2, B3, D3, F6, E1 and E2 lots.
- Parking areas are indicated by appropriate signs and/or markings:
- Yellow Lines: Staff & Faculty only
- White Lines: Students
- Green Lines: Visitors
- The maximum speed limit on campus is fifteen (15) miles per hour, unless otherwise posted. Violators are subject to receiving a $25.00 fine.