The Center reaches out to the community to encourage youth to seek higher education. Center staff will participate in college awareness activities by providing presentations for visiting groups and arranging for student panel discussions and other types of information sessions. One ongoing Center outreach initiative is the Granted Access Project (GAP). Ninth and tenth graders are recruited to participate in the program designed to acclimate them to the college environment. Participants are encouraged to remain in the program through their high school graduation.
We Strive to:
- Expose participants to college life opportunities and experiences.
- Encourage and support their academic goals.
- Impact their social behavior and development.
- Provide opportunities for participants to explore a greater sense of self-awareness.
- Increase participants' knowledge of available resources that are critical to pursuing a college degree.