Office of Veterans Services and Center
To ensure Kutztown University is a recognized leader among institutes of higher learning for the delivery of quality veteran services and opportunities that foster academic success, professional growth, and meaningful employment.
To be an actively engaged resource and referral center that provides excellent customer service, meaningful support, and responsive assistance (timely guidance).
To honor KU Veterans, military-affiliated students, their families, and supporters by providing meaningful service.
The Kutztown University Office of Veterans Services provides a one-stop-shop suite of services to our military-affiliated students, faculty and staff. We exist to help our military-affiliated population to succeed in their educational and career goals.
The Veterans Services Center is a vital hub where students can study, relax, have access to computers and printers, meet other veterans and members of the Military Club, and receive assistance with their GI Bill and other benefits. The center offers a lounge area with TV, a kitchenette and an adjacent study center and meeting room. Stop by and visit our 'mini-USO!'
Some of our services:
- Guidance and assistance regarding educational benefits eligibility and processing paperwork.
- On-campus Veterans liaisons in key offices (Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid, Housing, and others) to assist you to navigate the university system.
- Green Zone/'Got Your 6' awareness training that educates faculty and staff about the student-veteran transition experience so they can help student-veterans thrive on campus.
- Provide scholarship opportunities through our partnership with the VFW Post 560 Scholarship program.
- Counseling and disability services provides support to students experiencing adjustment challenges and military-related trauma such as PTSD, TBI, and MST.
- Conduct events and programs that connect veterans and build relationships with the campus community, our student veteran organization, community organizations and employers.
- Provide a Veterans Orientation for all new student-veterans and military-affiliated students.
- Peer sponsors are available during the beginning of the semester to help you become familiar with what KU has to offer
- Mentoring programs available to support your academic, social, and career goals.
The Office of Veterans Services is here to serve you!