Military Club at KU
The Military Club at KU (McKU) is an organization devoted to serving veterans and their families. It was formed in spring 2010 and continues to grow and expand its influence around campus. The number of veterans they assist each year continues to rise. They participate in numerous community service events and support organizations such as the Keystone Wounded Warrior 5K/1M Race, the Veterans Comfort House Food Drive, St Jude Children's Research Hospital fundraiser, and Toys for Tots drive.
The Military Club at Kutztown University serves as an advocate for student-Veterans and civilians by:
- Improving retention among Veterans by providing a supportive environment
- Providing community service opportunities for students to continue with their lifetime of service
- Working with military unit representatives to address student Veteran concerns
- Providing networking opportunities throughout the university
- Providing educational opportunities outside of the classroom to prepare for post-college careers
- Supporting Veterans in the cultural transition from military service to higher education
- Providing support to families of Veterans
MEETING DATES AND LOCATION
Fall 2014 - Check back soon!
Spring 2015 - Dates for the spring semester will be posted by the start of the spring semester.
President - Steve Sultzbach
Vice President - Aaron Reed
Treasurer - Tatiana Alvarez
Keeping with the spirit of service in the United States Armed Forces, this organization is strictly apolitical and seeks only to support student veterans and not to promote one political agenda over another.
For more information and to get the latest news about events and activities, visit the Military Club at KU KUnited page or contact them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.