Advisory Board Grant Program
A Matching Grant Program for Evening, Weekend and Diversity Programming in the McFarland Student Union.
Who Is Eligible to Receive Funding?
- Student Organizations
- Individual student(s) (graduate or undergraduate)
- Administrative Offices
- Academic Departments
Types of Programs Eligible
- Programs that are open to the University community, held in the McFarland Student Union, and support its mission are eligible to receive individual grants.
- Programs must be student-centered and involve student attendance and/or participation.
- Programs are not to be profit-driven. Fund-raisers must provide the campus community with opportunities for attendance/participation, and funds generated must be used for the benefit of the entire community.
- Groups requesting funds are eligable for up to $250.00 per event, per year.
- Programming funds will be considered on a matching basis up to 50% .
- For example: If the total costs of Group ABC's program is $400, then they would be eligible for a $200 grant; If the total cost of their event is $800.00, then ABC group is eligible for the maximum grant of $250.00.
- All funds allocated must be used in adherence to the University's collection and accounting policies.
Funding Process and Policies
- Groups requesting a grant must demonstrate a clear need for consideration of funding.
- Priority will be given to groups sponsoring programs that:
- Are held on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday evenings
- Support and promote cultural diversity
- Grant money must be used directly for the production of the program: honorariums, travel expenses, publicity, production, refreshments, etc.
- Requesting groups must fill out an application and a complete budget outline and submit it to the Student Union Operations Office (MSU 274). A copy of any pertinent contracts and price quotations must accompany budget outlines.
- A request for funding must be submitted approximately 4 weeks in advance of the anticipated program.
- The McFarland Student Union Advisory Board will review grant requests at monthly board meetings.
- Application and information