Planning an Event
To plan a successful event in the McFarland Student Union, our staff would like to offer you the guidelines below to make your planning experience easy and enjoyable:
- Always allow time to plan an event, as planning is the most crucial and time-consuming aspect for any event. You should start as early as possible.
- Reserve a room based on the number of attendees you realistically expect and what best fulfills your purpose of the event. Our staff can assist you with guidance and suggestions.
- Request equipment and determine a room's furniture placement in advance and discuss it with our staff. You should include what elements you feel are necessary, such as food tables, staging, podiums, sound equipment, etc.
You should also have the following information prepared:
- Date of Event
- Event Start and End Time
- Purpose of Event
- Event Title
- Room Preference
- Sponsoring Group
- Number of People Attending
- Event Type (meeting, banquet, special event, etc.)
- Name, Address, & Telephone of Contact Person
- Event Agenda
- Equipment, including tables, chairs and Audio Visual needs.