How can the LRC Help you Learn Chinese?
- Assignment help - our assistants are language students too!
- Study groups facilitated by LRC Staff.
- NJ Star Word Processor - Specialized Word Processor that includes Chinese -> English dictionary and the ability to type in both Pinyin (latin characters) and Chinese Characters.
- NJ Star Pen - handwriting recognition software used for practicing handwriting Chinese characters; once a character is recognized by the software, the word represented is pronounced.
- Kàn Na! Authentic Chinese video - practice your Chinese language listening skills and answer questions about what you can understand from authentic Chinese videos.
- Kàn Na! Authentic Chinese readings - practice your Chinese reading comprehension skills with questions about the readings.
- Elementary Business Chinese - developed by the Center for Language Education and Research at Michigan State University, this software uses multimedia elements over 16 units to introduce basic Chinese vocabulary, structures, and listening skills required for using the Chinese language in business.
- Online Chinese study materials: pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary, listening, tv, radio, newspapers, Facebook pages, Twitter feeds, mobile apps, Spanish for specific professions, cultural materials, dictionaries & other reference resources, conversation & penpal, podcasts, etc.
- Composition assistance: Get help with developing an outline, and writing revision assistance.
- Tips for successful language study: Chinese 011-104 (coming soon).
- Pronunciation assistance - ask our student assistant to listen to your presentation or work through your pronunciation practice exercises.
- Solutions for issues with online textbooks (how to purchase on-line access, exceptional circumstances, finding assignments, submitting assignments, etc.)
- Headsets and software for voice recording.
- Technology help & training on all technology needed to complete your assignments: audio recording, video recording, online assignments, using Microsoft Office in a second language, inputting special characters.
- International Language Support (spell-checkers, grammar-checkers) for Windows, Mac and Microsoft Office (no, these aren't standard on personal computers).
- Webcams for cross-cultural video conferencing.
- All the technology equipment & software needed to complete your assignments.
Meet Our Spanish Assistants: