Bookmark and Share

Driver's License

Students who want to drive a car while studying in the U.S. will either need to have an international driver's license, which is obtained from the home country, or a Pennsylvania State Driver's license. The international driver's license is usually only valid for one year.

The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) oversees the issuing and maintenance of driver's licenses in Pennsylvania. Persons who wish to get a driver's license will take a written exam for the learner's permit and then a road skills test in a car with a PennDOT employee to get a driver's license.  You must be at least 16 years old and residing/studying in the U.S. and Pennsylvania state for at least one year to apply for a learner's permit.

To obtain a driver's license, you will need the following:

SEVIS Driver's License Fact Sheet
PennDOT Driver's License Process
PennDOT Fact Sheet for Non-U.S. Citizens

Walk-In Hours

Spring 2014

The International Student Advisor will have walk-in hours for the Spring 2014 semester, except Spring Break and a few other dates. You can stop by the Boxwood House with any questions or concerns during these hours. You may also make an appointment if you cannot come to the office during walk-in hours.

Tuesday: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm

Wednesday: 1:00 - 3:00 pm

Thursday: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm

Walk-in Hours Updates/Changes:

April 10: 10-11 am only


April 17 & 24