Health and Wellness Program 2014-2015
An Invitation to Faculty and Staff to Participate
For Highmark Blue Shield members, the points can count towards Healthy U!
For more details on each program, click on the icon below the program overview.
This is a special video presentation of one of the nation's most successful, premier weight-loss dietitians, offering employees both personal and professional advice about losing weight and keeping it off.
- EFH700-Eating for Health (Registration Deadline: 05/15/15)
For those who participate in other forms of exercise, this log can be used to keep track of your activities.
Examples of activities are: running, yoga, swimming, tennis, bodybuilding, and aerobic dance.
- FWL500-Fitness Work Log (Open Registration thru 05/15/15)
Points you can earn: 25
1. What the program is all about? You need to log 85 workout-sessions in order to obtain the points
2. Register online: Open Registration (Sign up here)
3. Print log to record your workouts: Fitness Workout Log
4. End Date: Determined by you
5. End of Program: 05/15/15
6. Instructions on how to record your completion of "85 FITNESS WORKOUT SESSIONS" to earn 25 Healthy U points
As an added benefit of your Highmark health plan for all members, you are eligible to participate in the Healthways Fitness Your Way program. For only $25 per month, you will have access to nearly 8,000 fitness centers across the country. It includes select national chains (such as Gold’s Gym, Curves and Snap Fitness) as well as many independent fitness centers. With your $25/month membership you can visit as many of the participating fitness centers as often as you like.
And for the entire month of January 2015, they will waive the one-time $25 enrollment fee. Simply call 1-888-242-2060 to enroll and provide the coupon code SSHE25
- HFYW001-Healthways Fitness Your Way (No Registration Required)
Human Resources has partnered with Recreational Services to make the Rec Center indoor track available from 11am-2pm Monday thru Friday so employees can continue (or start) their walking programs during the winter months. You will need to bring your KU ID to sign in. Rubber soled shoes should be worn on the track. Our agreement is for use of the track only, membership would be required for full access to Rec Center Services.
- LTW002-Lunchtime Walkers (No Registration Required)
Participants are welcome to track the miles walked towards the Walk 'n Talk (WNT600) program or record as a workout seession on the Fitness Workout Log (FWL500) and count towards the required workout sessions for this program.
This is a video presentation of Dr. Seaward explanation on the importance of the "Muscles of the Soul" and how creating a personal roadmap is the ideal way to achieve balance and manage stress.
- SSM800-Strength in Stress Management (Open Registration thru 05/15/15)
This is an on campus walking program sponsored by the Department of Human Resources for employees.
Progress is tracked by miles walked in and around the campus.
- WNT600-Walk 'n Talk (Open Registration thru 05/15/15)
Points you can earn: 25
1. What the program is all about? Read more
2. Walking starts and ends on campus: Try the 3 routes HR has mapped out for you on brochure!
3. Start Date: Determined by you
4. Register online: Open Registration (Sign up here)
5. Gifts you will get after you signed up: Please come to HR at the Kemp Building to pick up a pedometer.
6. Instructions on how to record your participation in the "WALK N' TALK" Program to earn 25 Healthy U points
7. Log your WALK N' TALK miles here
8. End of Program: 05/15/15