Kutztown University offers a comprehensive program of benefits in support of its goal of attracting and retaining highly-qualified, motivated and talented faculty and staff.
Your medical/dental/vision and other benefits coverage and eligibility are determined based on your job group. The following links take you to the PASSHE website where detailed information on your employee benefits can be found.
VOLUNTARY SAVINGS PLAN
- Deferred Compensation (457 plan) deductions are a way for employees to reduce their current federally-taxable income. The State System has a deferred compensation program through Great West.
- Tax-Sheltered Annuities (403b plan) are another way for employees to reduce their current federally-taxable income. The State System contracts with 17 vendors offering TSA accounts. Vendors and form are on PASSHE site.
- TSA Salary Reduction Form - complete this form to begin payroll deduction to a TSA
ELECTRONIC W-2 ONLINE ENROLLMENT NOW OPEN!
W2 electronic delivery “open enrollment” is live and available for all current employees, including student employees. The module has been activated that will allow State System employees to enroll for electronic delivery of their 2015 IRS Form W-2s. The enrollment can be found on the portal (https://portal.passhe.edu) under Employee Self-Service → Payroll → Update W-2 Election. Employees will be required to attest that they have read the disclosure notice and agree to electronic delivery before they will be allowed to continue with enrollment. Once an employee has completed enrollment, ESS will show their status on the W-2 election page.
Elections made in prior years remain in force; any election made this year will continue to be in force unless the employee reverts to a paper W2 via ESS or terminates their employment.
Employees may change their enrollment choice at any time up to and including December 25, 2015. After that date, employees will no longer be able to enroll for electronic distribution, and employees who have elected electronic distribution but wish to change to paper must submit a paper form to change their enrollment choice. After December 25, all changes to employees’ records must be made manually by the payroll office.
No changes can be made after January 8, 2016. If an employee submits a paper declination form after January 8, a paper W-2 will have to be issued manually after the W-2 production process is complete.
FLU VACCINES OPPORTUNITIES 2015-2016
Register here for onsite vaccine administered by Rite Aid on October 8th in Human Resources from 9 AM – 2 PM.
- PEBTF Benefits (AFSCME & SCUPA)
- SSHE Benefits (APSCUF, MGMNT SPFPA, OPEIU, COACHES)
- Highmark Contracted Pharmacies - PA Central Region
- Highmark Contracted Pharmacies - PA Western Region
- Keystone East HMO Flu Shot Reimbursement Form
- UPMC Flu Shot Reimbursement Form
FLEXIBLE SPENDING OPEN ENROLLMENT (October 19 - November 20, 2015)
The annual Open Enrollment window for the Medical Reimbursement (Health Care) and Dependent Care (daycare/eldercare) Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) will occur October 19 – November 20, 2015.
NOTE: The FSA plans require an annual enrollment each year to participate. To enroll, go to Employee Self Service (ESS), select the Benefits tab, then Benefits Enrollment and follow the directions on the election page. The maximum elections amounts allowed for the FSA plans are $2,500 for Medical Reimbursement and $5,000 for Dependent Care. Information on the Flexible Spending plans can be found on the PASSHE Website.
HEALTHY U UPDATES
What's New for 2014/2015?
PEBTF KNOW YOUR NUMBERS
Registration for PEBTF Get Healthy Know Your Numbers opens today, August 3, 2015. Both the employee and covered spouse will need to complete this requirement by December 31, 2015 for participant rates to be effective July, 2016. Registration instructions can be found in the attached Get Healthy Brochure which was mailed to all PEBTF Members. There are 3 options for screenings:
- KU Onsite event - 09/15/15 in the Georgian Room from 07:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Quest Diagnostics - After 09/01/15 (screenings done at Quest prior to 09/01/15 will not count) Remember to take KU I.D.
- Physician Office - **PEBTF benefits allow for one routine glucose & cholesterol screening per calendar year. If you have had this screening this calendar year, your benefits will not cover a second screening. Also, you will be responsible for the office visit copayment. If the physician orders other blood tests, they may not be covered. Physician's Form must be faxed to Quest Diagnostics between September 1 and December 31, 2015 (fax number is on the attached Physician Results Form).
Register at: www.pebtf.org and select the Get Healthy logo on right-hand side of page. Be sure to review instructions before continuing to Blueprint for Wellness screen.
PEBTF OPEN ENROLLMENT (October 19 - November 6, 2015)
•VALIC - TBD
The dates listed above have been scheduled for one-on-one counseling sessions:
Register here (cut and paste Code "9862KUT11AA" to continue). Meetings are available from 8am to 4pm on the hour, every hour. The employees can also email Jeffrey Hofmann or call 717-773-6176.
SEAP SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
Information about the State Employee Assistance Program (SEAP)
The Affordable Care Act requires that group health plans provide a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) to employees. Because SEAP is considered to be a group health plan, SEAP is required to provide a SBC.
The federal government has defined very strictly what information must be included in an SBC and how it must be formatted. That’s why you’ll notice that most of the categories of information do not apply to SEAP, and that many of the listed services are identified as “not covered.”
You can view the SBC here. You can also receive a paper copy at no charge by contacting SEAP at 800.692.7459.
STATE EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SEAP)
SEAP is free and available to you and your family 24/7 to help you deal with emotional or family concerns, alcohol or drug abuse, depression and other behavioral health matters, or financial and legal issues. Call 1-800-692-7459 (TDD 1-800-824-4306).
MONTHLY ARTICLE from SEAP - Healthy matters to keep in mind.
THE WORK NUMBER
More information for employees about this automated service from PASSHE and how it works are listed below: