First Year Mentor Position
Housing, Residence Life and Dining Services is currently accepting applications for the role of First Year Mentor for Fall 2015-Spring 2016 academic year.
Overview of First Year Mentor Position:
- Attend and participate in a fall and spring training. Dates will be pre-determined and outlined in contract letter.
- Attend and participate in staff meeting\training session during the Spring 2015 semester. Date\Time\Location are TBD.
- Perform responsibilities during Welcome Week as identified during Fall training.
- Attend weekly team meetings, time will be determined by supervisor based on team schedules. Typically Tuesday or Thursday during the "free hour" at 11:00 am.
- Attend one on one meeting with the First Year Mentor Supervisor as needed. Times will be scheduled by supervisor and mentor.
- Attend hall meetings with your hall staff on dates identified by FY Mentor Supervisor.
- Meet biweekly with your hall Building Director. Times will be scheduled by Hall Director and mentor.
- Meet one on one with your mentees a minimum of 2 times in the semester. 1st meeting before midterm and the 2nd before the end of the semester. Complete Roster Log as meetings occur.
- Post and maintain 2 weekly office hours open for mentees.
- Complete Mentor Builders as outlined in expectations at the beginning of each semester. Complete Mentor Builder form upon completion and submit at weekly staff meeting.
- Complete 3 "Mentor" Newsletters per semester. Dates will be determined by FY Mentor Supervisor
- Advertise and plan workshops\programs each semester. Programming requirements and details will be outlined in expectations at the beginning of each semester.
- Assist with planning, advertising, and executing the First Year Residential Experience academic workshops.
- Assist, plan, market and implement Large Scale FYRE initiatives.
- Participate and assist with initiatives and programs sponsored or supports by Housing, Residence Life and Dining Services.
- Perform duties during Family Day, Homecoming, HARLOween, Bearfest and other major Housing, Residence Life and Dining programs as assigned.
- Attend a minimum of 2 continued training opportunities per semester as identified by the FY Mentor Supervisor.