Desk Receptionist Application
Housing, Residence Life and Dining Services is pleased you are interested in a position as a Desk Receptionist. Please keep in mind that candidates must be in good standing, completed the Housing Application Process, and paid the $75 Housing Application Fee for Fall 2015-Spring 2016.
Information provided here includes a job description, a list of minimum requirements, an application and a Candidate Reference Form. It is your responsibility to follow all of the instructions, including adhering to any posted deadlines for applications and references. Kutztown University email is the official form of communication for this process. Please check your email on a daily basis.
Desk Receptionist Applications for Fall 2015-Spring 2016 are due by March 6 at 12pm. They should be handed in to the Housing, Residence Life and Dining Services (106 Old Main). Applications received after March 6 will be reviewed on an as needed basis. Eligible candidates will be called to arrange interviews with interested Resident Directors.
In order to fulfill your responsibilities in this process, please complete the following steps:
1. Complete all parts of the application. Once the application is available, you may submit an application form and return it to Housing, Residence Life and Dining Services Office (106 Old Main).
New Applicants ONLY
2. You will need to download and print one (1) copies of the "Student Staff Candidate Reference" form and clearly print your name at the top of each. You can use any of the following individuals as references.
- Give one to a current staff member
- Give one to a faculty/administrator or your Academic Advisor
- Give one to an Advisor of a campus organization of which you are a member
- Give one to a current employer
3. Take part in an individual interview.
All selected and placed student staff must:
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Be enrolled full-time, maintaining academic progress (24 credits per academic year).
- Reside on campus.
- Assist with openings and closings of the residence hall system.
- Perform all job duties.
- Abide by and enforce university policies.
- Participate in all components of staff training and meetings.
- Be available to students.
- Schedule work for weekdays and weekends.
- Follow all Housing, Residence Life and Financial Aid processes.
- Assist in identifying candidates for staff recruitment and selection processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including work provided by the Housing and Residential Services Office, Residence Coordinator, and Resident Director.
- Should you have any questions concerning the applications/selection process or interview time, date and location, please feel free to call x4027 or ask your Resident Director.