Desk Receptionist Application
The Housing and Residential Services Office is pleased you are interested in a position as a Desk Receptionist.
Information provided here includes a job description, a list of minimum requirements, an application and a reference form. It is your responsibility to follow all of the instructions, including adhering to any posted deadlines for applications and references.
In order to fulfill your responsibilities in this process, please complete the following steps.
- Download and print three (3) copies of the reference form and clearly print your name at the top of each. You can use any of the following individuals as references (* must be included as a reference if you currently reside on campus).
- *Give one to a current staff member
- Give one to a faculty/administrator or your Academic Advisor
- Give one to an Advisor of a campus organization of which you are a member
- Give one to a current employer
- Take part in the interview process which includes an individual interview and a group process.
- All candidates must have at least a 2.0 GPA. Your GPA, judicial records and submission of a financial aid application for each year will be checked.
All selected and placed student staff must:
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Be enrolled full-time, maintaining academic progress (24 credits per academic year).
- Reside on campus.
- Assist with openings and closings of the residence hall system.
- Perform all job duties.
- Abide by and enforce University policies.
- Participate in all components of staff training and meetings.
- Be available to students.
- Schedule work for weekdays and weekends.
- Follow all Housing, Residential Services, and Financial Aid processes.
- Assist in identifying candidates for staff recruitment and selection processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including work provided by the Housing and Residential Services Office, Residence Coordinator, and Resident Director.
Should you have any questions concerning the applications/selection process or interview time, date and location, please feel free to call x4027 or ask your Building Director.