Community Assistant Application
Housing, Residence Life and Dining Services is pleased you are interested in a position as a Community Assistant. Please keep in mind that candidates must be in good standing, completed the Housing Application Process, and paid the $75 Housing Application Fee for Fall 2015-Spring 2016.
Information provided here includes a job description, a list of minimum requirements, an application and a reference form. It is your responsibility to follow all of the instructions, including adhering to any posted deadlines for applications and references. Kutztown University email is the official form of communication for this process. Please check your email on a daily basis.
Community Assistant Applications for Fall 2015-Spring 2016 are due by February 13. Applications received after February 13 will be reviewed on an as needed basis. Eligible candidates will be called to arrange an interview. An interview day, Saturday, February 21 has been identified.
In order to fulfill your responsibilities in this process, please complete the following steps.
Complete all parts of the application. You must download a blank application form and two reference forms (to be completed by employer, faculty, staff). Please return application and references to the Housing and Residence Life Office (106 Old Main) by noon on February 13.
New Community Assistants ONLY
Download and print two (2) copies of the reference form and clearly print your name at the top of each. Two completed reference forms are required to be completed before an offer can be made. Please inform your references that these forms are due to the Housing and Residence Life Office in 106 Old Main by February 13. You can use any of the following individuals as references.
- Give one to a current staff member
- Give one to a faculty/administrator or your academic advisor
- Give one to an advisor of a campus organization of which you are a member
- Give one to a current employer
Take part in the interview process which includes an individual interview.
- All candidates must have a paid Housing Application on file, have at least a 2.50 GPA and be in good standing with the university. Your application, references, (Evaluation for Returning Community Assistants), housing status, grade point average and judicial records will be checked for good standing prior to determine eligibility and at the beginning of each semester of employment.
- All selected and placed student staff must:
- Maintain a minimum 2.50 cumulative grade point average and have a paid Housing Application on file.
- Be enrolled full-time, maintaining academic progress.
- Reside on campus (sleep in your assigned hall unless your Resident Director is notified).
- Engage residents with Community Development initiatives.
- Assist with openings and closings of the residence hall system.
- Perform all job duties according to the position description.
- Abide by and enforce university policies.
- Participate in pre-semester and continued staff training and meetings.
- Be available to resident students. Engage residents with opportunities.
- Schedule work for weekdays and weekends. 50% CAs will be available on campus each weekend.
- Follow all Kutztown University, Housing, Residence Life and Dining Services, and Human Resource processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including work provided by the Housing, Residence Life and Resident Director.
Should you have any questions concerning the applications/selection process or interview time, date and location, please feel free to call 610-683-4027 or ask your Resident Director.