Community Assistant Application
Housing, Residence Life and Dining Services is pleased you are interested in a position as a Community Assistant. Please keep in mind that candidates must be in good standing, completed the Housing Application Process, and paid the $75 Housing Application Fee for Fall 2016-Spring 2017.
Information provided here includes a job description, a list of minimum requirements, and an application. It is your responsibility to follow all of the instructions, including adhering to any posted deadlines for applications. Kutztown University email is the official form of communication for this process. Please check your email on a daily basis.
Community Assistant Applications for Fall 2016-Spring 2017 are due by January 22. Applications received after January 22 will be reviewed on an as needed basis. Eligible candidates will be called to arrange an interview. An interview day, Saturday, February 6, 2016 has been identified.
In order to fulfill your responsibilities in this process, please complete the following steps.
- Complete all parts of the application. You must download a blank application form. Please return application and references to the Housing and Residence Life Office (106 Old Main) by noon on January 22, 2016.
- Take part in the interview process which includes an individual interview.
- All candidates must have a paid Housing Application on file, have at least a 2.25 GPA and be in good standing with the university. Your application, evaluation for Returning Community Assistants, housing status, grade point average and judicial records will be checked for good standing prior to determine eligibility and at the beginning of each semester of employment.
- All selected and placed student staff must:
- Maintain a minimum 2.25 cumulative grade point average and have a paid Housing Application on file.
- Be enrolled full-time, maintaining academic progress.
- Reside on campus (sleep in your assigned hall unless your Resident Director is notified).
- Engage residents with Community Development initiatives.
- Assist with openings and closings of the residence hall system.
- Perform all job duties according to the position description.
- Abide by and enforce university policies.
- Participate in pre-semester and continued staff training and meetings.
- Be available to resident students. Engage residents with opportunities.
- Schedule work for weekdays and weekends.
- Follow all Kutztown University, Housing, Residence Life and Dining Services, and Human Resource processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including work provided by the Housing, Residence Life and Resident Director.
Should you have any questions concerning the applications/selection process or interview time, date and location, please feel free to call 610-683-4027 or ask your Resident Director.