By opting to live on Kutztown's campus, you will join approximately 4,000 students who have chosen the same opportunity. This choice will open the door to a multitude of new and unique experiences. You will find that living on campus provides a community environment which offers far more than simply having a place to study and sleep. Living on our beautiful campus will provide you with numerous rewards.
Traditional Halls: Beck, Berks, Bonner, Deatrick, Johnson, Rothermel and Schuykill.
Suite-Style Halls: University Place and Dixon
Apartment-Style : Golden Bear Village South, Golden Bear Village West, Honors Hall
Traditional Hall amentities: study lounges, kitchen, recreation/lounge room with flarge flat screen televisions and pool , ping pong and foosball tables, laundry room. 24 hour front desk, bicycle room, student mailboxes, student work order system, and wifi throughout the hall.
Suite-Style and Apartment Style ammentities: Air conditioning and limited single rooms available
Room amentities in all buildings include:
- Internet (high-speed wired with wireless available throughout the halls)
- Cable TV (Cable access is provided by Service Electric Cablevision, in every room and apartment. For any questions or concerns regarding the service, you should contact Service Electric directly at 1-800-344-0347.)
- Phone service (All residence hall rooms are equipped with a telephone jack and dial tone. Students must furnish their own phones. Telephones must be touch tone, analog models. There is one jack per resident, and the students in that room all share the same phone number. Students are not able to make long distance phone calls; a prepaid calling card needs to be used.)
- Mail service (address information)
- Furniture in each bedroom: bed/mattress, desk/chair, dresser, wardrobe or closet.
- Click on "About the Halls" to see hall-specific amenities.
Work Order System for Traditional Halls and Suite-Style Halls
Residence Student iService Desk Maintenance is a student based residence hall work order system. Student can go online and submit a room repair work request at http://tmatalk.kutztown.edu/ . The work order request must be entered from an on-campus site and requires a valid student email address. If there is any problem go to the Resident Student iService Desk Support Page: http://www3.kutztown.edu/facilties/support/iSDSupport/student.shtml
Air Conditioning Information
If you require an air conditioned assignment, a referral must be received from Disability Services and you must also have a paid $75 housing fee payment by June 1.
Please note that Dixon, University Place and Golden Bear buildings are air conditioned. However, Dixon and University Place do not have air conditioning available from around mid-October through mid-May.
First year students with referred air conditioning requests would be assigned to Dixon Hall based on availability.
The Golden Bear apartments are air conditioned, but only upperclassmen are assigned in those locations at this time. Students requiring air conditioning in Golden Bear from October – May will need to work with Disability Services for assistance.