By opting to live on Kutztown's campus, you will join approximately 4,400 students who have chosen the same opportunity. This choice will open the door to a multitude of new and unique experiences. You will find that living on campus provides a community environment which offers far more than simply having a place to study and sleep. Living on our beautiful campus will provide you with numerous rewards.
Traditional Halls (first year): Beck, Berks, Bonner, Deatrick, Johnson, Rothermel and Schuykill. Traditional hall amenities: kitchen, recreation/lounge room, laundry room. front desk, student mailboxes, student work order system
Suite-Style Halls: University Place (first year), Dixon (upperclass)
Apartment-Style (upperclass): Golden Bear Village South, Golden Bear Village West, Honors Hall
Room amentities in all buildings include:
- Internet (high-speed wired with wireless available in common areas)
- Cable TV (Cable access is provided by Service Electric Cablevision, in every room and apartment. Splicing into any TV cable is prohibited. For any questions or concerns regarding the service, you should contact Service Electric directly at 1-800-344-0347.)
- Phone service (All residence hall rooms are equipped with a telephone jack and dial tone. Students must furnish their own phones. Telephones must be touch tone, analog models. There is one jack per room, and the students in that room all share the same phone number. Students are not able to make long distance phone call; a prepaid calling card needs to be used.)
- Mail service (address information)
- Furniture in each bedroom: bed/mattress, desk/chair, dresser, wardrobe or closet.
- Click on hall to see hall-specific amenities.
Work Order System for Traditional Halls and Suite-Style Halls
Residence Student iService Desk Maintenance is a student based residence hall work order system. Student can go online and submit a room repair work request at http://tmatalk.kutztown.edu/ . The work order request must be entered from an on-campus site and requires a valid student email address. If there is any problem go to the Resident Student iService Desk Support Page: www.kutztown.edu/admin/facilities/support/iSDSupport/student.shtml .
Air Conditioning Information
If you require an air conditioned assignment, a referral must be received from Disability Services and you must also have a paid $75 housing fee payment by June 1.
Please note that Dixon, University Place and Golden Bear buildings are air conditioned. However, Dixon and University Place do not have air conditioning available from around mid-October through mid-May.
First year students with referred air conditioning requests would be assigned to University Place. If all University Place beds are filled it is possible that Dixon would be used depending on availability.
The Golden Bear apartments are air conditioned, but only upperclassmen are assigned in those locations at this time. Students requiring air conditioning in Golden Bear from October – May will need to work with Disability Services for assistance.