Summer Housing 2016
Summer I and Summer II students will be assigned to a single in either a single or double occupancy room in Golden Bear Village West apartment. Please note that Golden bear Village West apartment is air conditioned.
Housing Cost for 5 week session: $900.00
Your Building Director during Summer Session is reachable through Housing, Residence Life and Dining Services (106 Old Main) 610-683-4027.
SUMMER HOUSING REGISTRATION PROCESS:
- After you have registered for Summer Session Classes, please come to 106 Old Main to complete the Summer Housing paperwork.
- If you need to cancel after you register, please send an e-mail to email@example.com immediately.
- You will receive an email to your KU email account once your housing assignment has been completed.
- Your fee will be generated on your KU account within 48 hours of your assignment being completed.
- Once your assignment has been completed, you will be expected to pay your bill prior to moving into your assignment on campus.
SUMMER HOUSING INFORMATION:
- Students who wish for Summer Housing will be required to agree to the Summer Housing License.
- Students who are enrolled in Summer Session classes are eligible for Summer Housing on campus. Students should be enrolled in classes, prior to registering for housing.
- Summer Session Housing will be provided in Golden Bear Village West. All students will be assigned to a single in either a single or double occupancy room in Golden Bear Village West apartment for the length of their summer session.
- The cost for Summer Session housing is $900 a session.
- Assignments will be completed prior to check-in for all students and will be available on student's MYHOUSING information page.
- If you wish to reside in the same apartment with a particular student during the session, both of you should email the Housing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific roommate requests. All requests must be made prior to Friday, May 20, 2016.
- The Building Director during Summer Session is TBD. They will be reachable through Housing, Residence Life and Dining Services (106 Old Main) 610-683-4027.
- Residents will adhere to all regulations as outlined in The Key and the Housing Contract.
- Residents will be jointly responsible for damaged items in common areas, and individually responsible for damaged items, where a specific individual is found responsible.
Students living in the residence halls over the summer are not required to have a meal plan. If interested in a meal plan, please contact the Dining Services Office at 610-683-1314. Dining Services Office is located in 106 Old Main (in the A Wing).
Students may temporarily park in any available parking space outside of Golden Bear Village West. Once you are registered, you will be able to unload your car - please do not leave it parked there or you will be preventing other residents from unloading. You may move your cars back after 6pm. Students are allowed to park their car in any parking space painted white.
Will take place in the Housing, Residence Life and Dining Services (106 Old Main).
Summer Session I (5 weeks: June 1, 2016- June 30, 2016)
- Check-in takes place Tuesday, May 31, 2016 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Check-out must be by 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 30, 2016.
Summer Session II (5 weeks: July 11, 2016 - August 11, 2016)
- Check-in takes place on Sunday, July 10, 2016 from 1:00 pm to 4:00pm.
- Check-out must be by 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 11, 2016
ITEMS TO BRING TO CAMPUS:
We strongly suggest you bring only the necessities. Items of value should be left at home. Some of the things you should consider bringing are:
Linen, pillows, bedding, towels, toiletries, toilet paper, laundry bag or basket (coin-operated washers and dryers are available), hangers, alarm clock, desk supplies, desk lamp, touch-tone telephone (you may use your own calling card, or place "collect" calls- long distance service is not available). There is no charge for local calls. Voice mail and call waiting services are provided at no charge).
Computers can be used in Old Main Computer Lab. If you are interested in connecting to the campus network and Internet, you will receive additional information at check-in.
WITHDRAWING AND REFUNDS FOR SUMMER SESSION:
If you need to cancel housing after you register, please send an email to email@example.com immediately.
Please see the withdrawal page for policy on summer fee refunds for withdrawals.