Tips for being a responsible host
- NEVER serve someone under 21.
- Always serve foods like cheese, breads, and starchy foods and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Do not force drinks onto guests or rush to refill an empty glass.
- When serving alcoholic punch, use a non-carbonated base, such as fruit juice.
- Set a time for the party to end and stop serving drinks two hours before. Continue serving food and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Set an example by exercising responsibility.
- Get help when the situation is beyond your control or when someone needs medical attention.
- Discourage excessive drinking or serving alcohol to which you suspect may already be intoxicated.
- NEVER encourage games or contests that encourage rapid and excessive consumption of alcohol (i.e. drinking games).
- NEVER let guests drink and drive.
- TipS® for the university (Training for Intervention Procedures) is available for KU students and organizations as a risk management program. Contact 610-683-4240.
- Reminder: Drinking at any age on campus is against university policy.