Incubator/ELC Student Associate Positions
The ELC faculty coordinator is seeking to interview several students for Incubator/ELC student associate positions. Below are listed brief descriptors for the positions. If you feel you are qualified to apply for one of the student associate positions, please submit a resume, cover letter explaining your interest in the associate position, and secure one letter of reference from a faculty member or your advisor.
Please submit your information to Danielle Santos, 118 deFrancesco or you may contact Dr. Duane Crider, ELC Faculty Coordinator. Application deadline is November 1. The interview process will follow after November 1st and it is hoped that students selected for the associate positions will begin early in November and continue through the spring semester. These positions are paid (minimum wage; approximately working 8 hours a week).
Financial and Sales Analysis
Projects falling under this umbrella would be related to financial management and sales analysis which could include identifying ways to minimize operating and overhead costs, analyzing sales to identify spending patterns and in demand products, assessing areas of strengths and needs based on sales or yearly profit and loss in the context of the local economy.
- Analysis of yearly Profit and Loss and identifying areas of strengths and needs
- Analysis of yearly sales and identifying areas of strengths and needs
- Reviewing customer and sales trends
Comprehensive Business Plan Evaluation and Strategic Planning
- Projects falling under this umbrella would assist current or future business owners in the process of creating or revising their current business plan in conjunction with market and economical needs. Projects could include providing educational services to business owners to provide updated information about market needs and innovative ways to increase their market or sales.
Visual Merchandising, Space Design, and Customer Satisfaction
- Projects falling under this umbrella would assist current or future business owners in developing or revising the business floor plan and visual merchandising designs to increase appeal and customer satisfaction which could include: conducting a customer satisfaction survey, Assessing customer service and business atmosphere as it relates to the customers experience, Evaluating use of space and business layout.
Marketing and Technical Support Services
- Projects falling under this umbrella would assist current or future business owners in creating or developing a comprehensive marketing plan and tools to promote their business including but not limited to: creating a business brand, seeking out promotional opportunities that will assist in reaching desired target audience, technical support in web design and social media.
Pr Promotions and Special Event development for Customer Retention
- Projects falling under this umbrella would assist current or future business owners in identifying ways to not only attract new customers but provide incentives for current customers to continue to come back.