Incubator/ELC Student Associate Positions
The ELC faculty coordinator is seeking to interview several students for Incubator/ELC student associate positions. Below are listed brief descriptors for the positions. If you feel you are qualified to apply for one of the student associate positions, please submit a resume, cover letter explaining your interest in the associate position, and secure one letter of reference from a faculty member or your advisor.
Please submit your information to Dr. Duane Crider, ELC Faculty Coordinator. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Students will be contacted for an interview and selection for the associate positions. These positions are paid (minimum wage; approximately working 8 hours a week).
Marketing for new Academic Program
This position will provide design and promotion of a marketing plan targeting parents, the general public, and other vested stakeholders in a unique academic program. Marketing skills and exceptional communication skills required. Ability to communicate in writing and orally. It is necessary that the selected individual be able to plan long-term for the involvement and buy-in of the targeted participants and the community as a whole.
Financial & Sales Analysis
Projects falling under this umbrella would be related to financial management and sales analysis which could include identifying ways to minimize operating and overhead costs, analyzing sales to identify spending patterns and in demand products, assessing areas of strengths and needs based on sales or yearly profit and loss in the context of the local economy.
- Analysis of yearly Profit and Loss and identifying areas of strengths and needs
- Analysis of yearly sales and identifying areas of strengths and needs
- Reviewing customer and sales trends
Comprehensive Business Plan Evaluation and Strategic Planning
- Projects falling under this umbrella would assist current or future business owners in the process of creating or revising their current business plan in conjunction with market and economical needs. Projects could include providing educational services to business owners to provide updated information about market needs and innovative ways to increase their market or sales.
Visual Merchandising, Space Design, and Customer Satisfaction
- Projects falling under this umbrella would assist current or future business owners in developing or revising the business floor plan and visual merchandising designs to increase appeal and customer satisfaction which could include: conducting a customer satisfaction survey, Assessing customer service and business atmosphere as it relates to the customers experience, Evaluating use of space and business layout.
Marketing and Technical Support Services
- Projects falling under this umbrella would assist current or future business owners in creating or developing a comprehensive marketing plan and tools to promote their business including but not limited to: creating a business brand, seeking out promotional opportunities that will assist in reaching desired target audience, technical support in web design and social media.
PR Promotions and Special Event Development for Customer Retention
- Projects falling under this umbrella would assist current or future business owners in identifying ways to not only attract new customers but provide incentives for current customers to continue to come back.